Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting Type c (container) on decimals returns gibberish after unicode migration

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm unsure whether this is best posted on the ABAP Development or on the Basis Subforums, but oh well. Here goes!

System Info:

NW AS 7.03 ABAP Stack 731 Level 13, ECC 606 (EHP 6) with SAP_HR 604 Level 81 and EA_HR 607 (HR-Renewal 1) Level 32

Background:

One of our systems has recently been migrated from non-unicode to unicode.

Problem:

Since the migration has been completed, it appears that if there is structured data read from the database and that data is then tried to be written into a c-container, any data containing decimals is corrrupted.

Example: This is the standard database-logic for the Transaction PA30:

Given this logic is executed with an infotype that contains decimals, say, Infotype 7...:

...when the data is cast against a c-container, the portion of the data from the decimal-fields is corrupted:

Subsequently, horrible things happen.

Does anybody have a concrete idea what's going on here? Development-wise the logic looks robust to me. Even when I isolate this bit and use the utility class cl_abap_container_utilities for the conversion, the same gibberish is created, so, to me, it doesn't seem to be a program error.

I'm thankful for any shot in the dark.

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. I assume this is some kind of basis issue. If you can contribute any ideas also from a basis point of view, please explain like I'm five since this isn't my area of expertise at all

4 REPLIES 4

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bump. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Could a Moderator with respective rights please move this thread to ? I would like to try my luck there 😐

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Done. Hope you get a solution!

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

bump :<