Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping - with more than 01 message structure

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am doing a development on XML to IDOC scenario.

XSD file received from sender and I have imported into ESR. Please refer below for the structure. the XSD has 03 structures in it Independently;

1. ASN Message
  2. PackUnitList
  3. Refernce List

when selecting source message for mapping I selected 1st structure(ASN Message) out of three .and it is showing only 01st structure ("ASN Message") to map

How to get other two for mapping ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

In one message map you can have one source structure. you need to create different map for different structure.

It seems that it is combine XSD/structure for three message and at a time one operation will be triggered. So you need to have 3 scenario for this 3 structures.

regards,

Harish

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish / Manoj,

thank you for the reply..

I tested with signature tab option. But ;

• When other structures are added in the signature tab, the original structure gets changed (it automatically adds some header nodes like "Messages" , "Message1")in the mapping. Will this affect runtime for a successful mapping?

I have mapped the 01st structure half way and if I import the other two , that mappings will be deleted and showing a message like " unable to find the target fields due to message was changes"...

Plz advice...

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

If in your case if you want to use all there structure in one message then you can add them in signature tab as described above , the nodes Messages, message1 dosn't affect during runtime ...

but if you want them to use individually then you can follow as Harish suggested.

Br,

Manoj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Open message mapping , under signature tab you have option to add the rest two structure as show in below screeshot :

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any update on this plzz..

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

You would only need to use the three messages in one mapping if you are using BPM (many to one). Otherwise, just create three separate message mappings as suggested by the posts above.

Regards,

Mark