Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PBO Highlight the value of Input field in ITS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all Experts.

Good day to you all.

I'm in need of help on a business requirement where in I need the cursor positioned during PBO at the input field that has a default value and have that current value highlighted such that when the user press a key or paste a value, the original value is immediately erased and replaced.

Example:

ITS screen.

By the time the screen loads the cursor is positioned in the input field but the value(TEST) is not highlighted.

Which is why when the user uses the RF device to replace the value, the new value(TEST2) is just inserted without removing the current value.

My requirement is to have the value highlighted like this:

So that when the user use the RF device the new value can immediately replace the current one.

I've already tried using SCREEN-INTENSIFIED but it only changed the color of the value.

Can you also let me know if using the RF device triggers any Fcode or OK_CODE?

Please help. I'd really appreciate your expertise.

Thanks experts.

Regards,

Jack

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack Rockefeller,

You may put the following in the PBO of the screen:

SET CURSOR FIELD 'F_NAME'.

where, F_NAME is the name of the input field. The cursor is positioned on the screen element whose name is contained in upper case in field.

Also, as far as i know, there is no particular function code that gets triggered for the usage of a RF gun. It just fills the input field with the scanned values provided the cursor is positioned in the field.

Let me know.

Regards,

Utkarsha