SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrun Doc posted as a Interest document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is about the issue of posting the return doc as a Late payment interest.

We took the payment against the invoice and the LPI, and did return (FP09) after that.

While posting the return the clearing hasn't break for the payment and the invoice.

And return doc posted with open item along with the interest doc.

Could you please help me out the cause of the issue.

Thanks

Anurag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is  Main/Sub transaction of  the "Open Item" created during Returns Processing ?

Its possible you are using the Returns Processing option "Create New Receivable" .  In this case the original Clearing/Payment will remain.

Please let us know.

Thanks and regards,

Ivor

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is  Main/Sub transaction of  the "Open Item" created during Returns Processing ?

Its possible you are using the Returns Processing option "Create New Receivable" .  In this case the original Clearing/Payment will remain.

Please let us know.

Thanks and regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are correct Ivor,

The document posted as interest document with main (0040) and sub(0010) while you can see in pic 2 the document type is of Return (RE).

As the return document wasn't able to reset the payment clearing and unable to open the interest doc,it posted as open return doc with main & sub of intereset doc of amount 4.55.

As per my understanding, here return document should reset the clearing of payment and open the interest doc.

That cause mismatch in account balance and user not able to print the invoice.Can you help me out how could i get rid of this issue.

Thanks,

AnUrAg

0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

The best way out is to first offset the returns entry by making a credit posting to the same GL A/c, where in the return posting has been made.

This will ensure that there is no account balance mismatch and will go back to the state as if the payment have been there but no payment dishonor has happened.

Now try to post the return lot for the payment using the type of posting as "Cancel Payment"

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi,

What have you  configured in Tcode FQ0111 for New Receivables in Returns ?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Ivor