cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: ChaRM without Production System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm wondering if there is a way to activate and use ChaRM without a Production System?

The PROD system is not ready as yet, so can I activate and use CHARM just for DEV -> Q&A  ???

Is this possible at all?

Thanks,

MM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

philip_kisloff
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You could use a virtual system in the landscape until your real production system is ready.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

basically it is possible. A lot of things depends on setting of your logical component. You can ether link a virtual server or setup another client as described before.

In my opinion, you could also customize your CHARM process for tree lansdcape system and just disable actions in action profile to restrict sending transport to production system. In this approach your request will wait until you connect production system.

Let me know how it goes.

Bye

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to set as production environment ,

Yes you can do as Philip had already mentioned one.

But there are consequences via this approach as later when you have production system available then you may change your logical component and you may not use your current project for charm.

If you want it to be demo only then you can proceed further also as

Apart from that you can create three clients for your Q&A system and set the charm.

For the two systems you can define the system role for your Q&A as production system in charm..

Thanks

Rishav