Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to Soap Synchronous

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i have created a RFC to Soap Synchronous interface in pi 7.4 dual stack.

My interface is working fine, but while sending the data from RFC the data passing as asynchronous mode and QOS is Exactly Once.

While i sent same message from XI/PI in integration level the messages are going properly and i have selected "Best Effort".

Please suggest...

Regards,

Kiran Polani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dipen_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As QoS option is not available for RFC sender and SOAP receiver channel, ABAP Report code should be like this CALL FUNCTION 'ZTEST_RFC' DESTINATION 'RFCDEST'.

P.S: Don't write it like CALL FUNCTION 'ZTEST_RFC' IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION 'RFCDEST'.

You can also test your function module (RFC) from SE37 in ECC system.

Try this and revert.

Regards,

Dipen.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SriGnankiran,

My few cents, if you have changed your scenario from async to sync may be you have forgotten something in the way, check your service interfaces are defined as synchronousness and the operation mapping had a request and response tabs.

Regards,

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

If it is a synchronous scenario, then the sender RFC should be capable of sending the request and wait for the response for further processing in SAP.

Can you please check the ABAP code in the RFC with the help of an ABAPer, whether the above prerequisite is matching or not.

Also, in the communication channel in PI, the QOS should be Best Effort.

Regards

Vishnu

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

My interface is working fine, but while sending the data from RFC the data passing as asynchronous mode and QOS is Exactly Once.

Can you check the RFC code? For synchronous calls it should be

CALL FUNCTION Destination. There should be no other statements before destination e.g IN BACKGROUND TASK.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi dear,

If we are using Synchronous service than need to select "best efforts" and if async than "Exactly once".

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/f9/17888f490846a9972628525cc28aac/content.htm

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

For RFC Sender Where we need to maintain "BestEffort".

i have triggered the data through XI Test message and QOS is "BestEffort" the response is coming, but while sending the data from RFC R/3 program end i am getting "Exactly once".

how to pass data as sRFC in SAP R/3?

Regards,

Kiran Polani