Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications in Fiori

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a solid solution for enabling notifications in Fiori. These notifications may not be necessarily of approval type. I have explored various threads and almost everyone provides a solution of using SMP and custom Fiori client using Kapsel Push plugin. I understand this solution but worried about the desktop version of fiori apps since fiori is more of UX than set of mobile applications. So users would use it on desktop computer also.

Has somebody tried for achieving the notifications functionality in Fiori for non mobile devices? Can we use NotificationBar - SAPUI5 Demo Kit or any other solution?

Regards,
Ekansh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Prem

Recommend you look at the Fiori 2.0 notifications approach.  You will see these in youtube and sap.tv videos on Fiori 2.0.

Some of these notification controls have already been made available in recent SAPUI5 releases and are worth exploring

rgds

Jocelyn

0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for the reply. Fiori 2.0 video shows the Fiori client App to display a notification after we login into the App.

I am more interested in knowing if there is a way to enable Banners or Badges notification for SAP Fiori App on iOS platform.

Regards

Prem

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Ekansh's question is about receiving push in desktop browser, not mobile app.

For mobile app, take a look at these.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any views?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same requirement. Did you find a way to enable notifications in Fiori?

-Prem