Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot cannot be found in QA03

aydinhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Inspection Instruction is printed but I can't find the Inspection lot in QA03. There no message in QA03 besides "Do
you want to search in the archive?
". This inspection lot was created with an Work Order with a Z transaction.

Really need your help experts in order to find a track for this IL.

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What happens when you give "Yes" to this ? Is it showing the lot, or giving the error "inspection lot is not created"?

Could you please explain further on the process and when are you printing instruction sheet? While creating order? Do you have any exit which fails in between?

Thanks

Prem

aydinhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

When I click on yes error message appear. It's not me but a user who printed the ii. I have no more information. Just IL and Order created befor and after but between this rang, there is no track on SAP.

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to QA33 and search with available combination (If 03, then check in order). Validate whether you are referring to the right IL number

aydinhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

No result with QA33.

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Huseyin,

It is not possible to delete an IL. You can only change the status. If you can't see the details in production, probably the user has created in quality client?

Thanks

Prem

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you use SE16 or similar transaction to check the QALS table directly for the inspection lot number?  If it's not in that table, it wasn't created regardless of what the user says.

If you got an inspection sheet printed, it might be possible that it was printed when the lot was created but for some reason the system aborted the process before the work was committed to the database.  That can happen with Z transactions if not done right.  Ideally, the user would get an express document in their SAP mail indicating that.  But again, if it's a Z transaction, there may be no guarantee of that.

We don't know if the Z transaction was for creating the order, or for the inspection lot.  It's very difficult to troubleshoot a Z transaction without knowing your system or seeing the coding.

Craig

aydinhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

I know. It's the first time for me. This is why I posted this issue:). No only in production.

Thank you for your help.

aydinhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Craig, I don't know if you are right but it's seems correct. I need to have a debug because no track on table QALS. I've seen the Inspection Instruction sheet PDF but no IL.

Thank you again.

aydinhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I just thinking about this : There is also no order created for IL lost. Normaly Order is created with IW31 and after assign task and release Order in IW31, Inspection Lot is created in background. May be with this information you can help me more?

BR,

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well if there was no maintenance order created or released, there is no question of inspection lot generation for the same. Inspection lot will generate only when an order is released. But in your case, it wasn't even created, leave releasing alone. This should clear all your doubts.

You should refer the following help file links for better insight.

Planning of the Calibration Inspection - Test Equipment Management (QM-IT) - SAP Library

Automatic Creation of an Inspection Lot - Processing a Calibration Inspection - SAP Library

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm with Nitin on this.  If no order was created, there should be no inspection lot created.

Also, are you sure the instructions being printed were coming from the inspection lot?  Do the insturctions have an inspection lot number printed on them?  An order number?  I'm wondering if what was printed was instrurctions from the order?

I would think that the Z transaction you mention revolves somehow aroudn creating the order and releasing it and doing some "stuff" to make it easier for your people.  If so, the inspection lot creation should just have been more of a follow-on that happenned as a result of releasing and saving the order.  I wouldn't expect actual programming in it that interacts with QM or the Inspection lot.  But again, since it's Z transaction, we have no way of knowing what it's actually doing.

It sounds like to me that the custom transaction choked when saving the order release.  As a result, even though the IL was created, and the order reelased, the transaction was not actually saved.  As a result you consumed an order number and an inspection lot number from the number range buffers but everything got cancelled.  Since none of the work was committed, no order, no inspection lot.

Craig

aydinhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry, I correct this. Order is created and has status TECO NMAT. I found in SM21 information for IL lost :

IW32 was used to change IL number XX (old value) to 00000000000 (new value) with table AFKO. User modified something but I need to find what.

In change doc of Order, TECO, REL and ILAS (Inspection lot assigned) is display.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at an order that got created correctly.  See if on "change order" screen there is a menu selection for Cancel or delete inspection lot.  in process orders there is.  They usually are marked LTCA though and not actually deleted.  I'm not sure on work orders though.

Craig

aydinhn
Explorer
0 Kudos

No LTCA status. But I found the exact moment that IL status ILAS has been inactivated :

At 03:01:09 on 10 April :

ILAS      Inactive

REL       Inactive

TECO    Active

I've made a test by make a cancellation of IL and I have the same status :

ILAS      Inactive

REL       Inactive

TECO    Active

I think that the evidence that IL was deleted is to look statut ILAS. If this status is Inactive it's only mean that IL has been deleted.

BR,

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Huseyin,

The issue is now altogether different than where it was started.

Check the change document for Order status and you can see which user and what transaction has happened.

You can go to IW33, click on status, Extras-change documents-all.

the option "All changes" will show you which user, what transaction has happened

Overview will show you the sequence of actions.

Thanks

Prem

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like ILAS is the order equivilent of LTCA.  But to hold that status, you still need an entry in the QALS table which you do not seem to have for the lot in question. So you're back to the custom transation still and what it does or doesn't do.

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Huseyin,

Were you able to solve your problem with the above mentioned SNOTES?

Best Regards,

Parveen Verma

VigneshV
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use OSS note 48815 should do it. When you run ZQEVA20 will correct the discrepancies.

You can also use ZQEVA22.

Vignesh.V

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What discrepancies?

Craig