Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules for FUBR

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a shipper scenario in TM 9.2 and we are currently setting up FU .

Now there are often bulk deliveries in trucks e.g. order is 100mt, but we can load only 90 mt i.e. there will be left over 10mt and since  it remains open and you cannot combine it with delivery to customer nearby (as it is bulk).

Now question is under such scenarios how we shall build up the FU so that the left over part is also taken into consideration in the next optimiser /planning part.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Just set up a spilt quantity in the FUBR at 90 mt. This way, TM will create two freight units which can be planned individually (of course, you are left with an FU of only 10 mt which doesn't really use a truck completely, but maybe you also have smaller ones at hand?).

If your intention is to only ship 90 mt to the customer though he requested 100 mt, tell the customer service guys to change the order. From a "separation of duties" point of view, this is not something TM should handle.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

But is there no way we can combine the left over 10 MT with new order which is perceived in future

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Of course there's a way. If you don't work with batches, then you could physically fill the leftover 10 mt in one vehicle together with the say 80 mt from the next order. You just have to set your planning settings accordingly so that in the next planning run, both freight units (10 mt and 80 mt) are planned on the same freight order. If you don't set incompatibility rules, the system won't mind loading different bulk products (or even bulk products together with packed goods!) onto the same resource/freight order.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx for the response.

Can you throw light on the exact planning settings we need to do so that we can achive this .

former_member194343
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, but we can't replace all the SAP TM tranings and literature 😉 You should read into this (SAP TM book, SAP Help...) to find out about settings for planning, which are rather complex.

As an approach to your problem, I would probably just start a planning selecting both freight units (10 mt + 80 mt) and a suitable resource and see waht the optimizer comes up with. You will want to have both FUs planned on the same freight order. If the optimizer creates two seperate freight orders, you should take a look in optimizer explanation to find out why. The most obvious reason (imo) could be that the dates of both freight units differ. Then you will have to adjust penalty costs for late/early delivery (if the system finds out that it is cheaper to do a late delivery compared to using two different freight orders, it will put both together).

Note that this is also dependent on what the status of your 10 mt FU is in the first place. I guess that in the first planning run (with the 90 mt), two freight orders might have been created. In this case, you must ensure that the 10 mt FO is not executed further (e.g. subcontracted) and you have to include this existing FO in the next planning run together with the 80 mt FU, so the FU is added to the existing FO.

As I mentioned: Complex topic, just a few ideas...

Answers (0)