cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom filter on OWL’s list

Former Member

Prerequisites: you have already created a custom BO with some fields and enhanced screens and the OWL is not using integrated toolbar.

1. Open the OWL in UI designer and click on the "Advanced" option on upper right corner of the screen.

2. After clicking on “Advanced” an alert popup window will compare asking “There is no advanced Findform assigned so far. Do you want to create and assign one?”, you have to click “Yes”.

3. Now you have to select query parameters because you can only add query parameters to the advanced filter selection. To do that go on “Controller” tab and, under “Queries” open the “Query”. Select the elements from the query which you want in the advanced filter and click on the "Add parameter" button.

4. Now you have to bind query parameters.

a. To do that select the parameters and click on “…” button.

b. Create a new structure under the “Root” with fields, on for each query parameter you selected and give a consistent name to them like “EmployeeIDValue”.

c. Click Ok. A popup window may appear asking “There is backend text associated. Do you want to use the Backend text?”. Click “Yes”.

d. Under “Data model” tab select the structure you created and change the “Binding status” of structure and fields from “ToBind” to “Ok”.

5. Add the query parameters to the FindForm pane dragging the fields fo the structure you created. You find these in the “BO browser/Data Model” under “Data Model” tab. And rename them.

6. Save & Activate and the task is done.

7. For standard visualization of the toolbar and filters, I suggest you to set the property “UseIntegratedToolbar” to “True”.

8. Save & Activate again.

9. Test the new custom filters.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele,

I did the above steps and worked fine. Is it possible to enable Save query and Organize Query Buttons in Advanced filter criteria. I am not getting these buttons by default.

My customer requirement is to create some queries and default it in OWL.

Thanks & Regards,

Gincy Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele Al Jarrah Al Kahal,

Great work..........

I will suggest you to post such useful information as the Document instead of creating them as discussions. This will keep your worthful help documented in the community as well as give you well deserved points and batches. These documents further would be subjected to reviews too.

Moreover in case if you don't know, we also have a separate forum for Cloud Application Studio. Below is the link for same.

You can collaborate your great work here as well as find the useful help if required.

Cheers,

Mithun.