Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - individual calendar for every team member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I created a Project with 2 Teammember.

Could the Teammember use a individual calendar?

Every teammember should use his own calendar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am interested for the reason of your scenario. Why do you need separate team calendars?

You might read this post:

If this does not help, you might create separate tasks for each team member where you assign a different task/project calendar. That way you would have a relation like Task-Calendar-Member

It is just an idea, but I really would need to know your reason for that scenario.

Another way is to maintain transaction rpm_empdata for a users availability.

regards

Darijo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

Because one Team member is in Germany and the another one in India. How does it work then?

They could not use the same calendar, couldn't they?

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, I understand. There are different working days/holidays on each location.

As I know, there is an info type which can be used for definitions of a organizational unit.

This is part of personell management. Depending on your integration with HR, this way might help. Please see info type 1027 for that reason.

Within the project roles of your project you may also set a location value, corresponding to the values of your BP.

Another, third way, is to set different calendars for the each task, if the tasks can be separated to each team member. You define the calendar within your project definition and task definitions for dates and work - see the attached jpg.

Finally you will be able to use transaction rpm_empdata to define the availability times of your BPS, i.e. you team members.

regards

Darijo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay thank you for your reply.

The third way seems easy. I tried, it works

But I have another question. Can the Team member change his Task calendar for himself?

I hope the termination of both team members do not influence on any way, because of the  calendars.

And which calendar will see the Team leader of the Team member at every Task after they save it?

Do you know what I mean?

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

A team member may or may not change the setting. It depends what authorization you permit to the users/team member.

If you permit to change, and if you assign both members to the same task, then they might influence the setting.

If you assign separate tasks to each member, there will be two tasks with its own entry of calendar.

The team leader will see the entry which is defined for the task.

This whole scenario has of course a high effort for the project administration if you have to handle many tasks that way. If you got only a few tasks this might be ok.

Please consider also the use of TA rpm_empdata where you reference users to a location.

However, this requires some additional configuration within your PPM basic configuration.

See attached jpgs:

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it. Thank you very much