cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name of the vendor to be displayed at the time of Purchase Order where in condition type when vendor is assigned

amitchetansood
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Vendor name is required while creating Purchase Orders so that Users are aware at the time of Purchase Order which vendor is selected. Vendor is specified in Condition type and I need to know:

How to meet this requirement and the effort required.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are talking about the vendor maintained in the condition details of the delivery cost condition type. The vendor can be maintained in the condition record and the same will be pulled in the PO. You may train the user to maintain the condition record correctly, and the same will be copied to PO. User can very well go to the condition details of the delivery cost condition type in PO - conditions tab.

If you need a notification in PO regarding the freight vendor, you may check the feasibility of development. You may check the BAdI: ME_PO_PROCESS_CUST

Regards,

AKPT

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Little effort required for you and users for your requirement without development

- before creating PO, check vendor and condition type related in MEK3

- once you and users confirmed with effort, then go for creation of PO with your favorable vendor.

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At creation of PO the user will use F4 to select the vendor, so he will see the vendor name at that moment.

At any time later he can open a second session to check the vendor in MK03, or can as well use F4 field help tookup the name.

If you want the name next to the number then you need to do a modification.

How long this takes in your company cannot really be known by us. In my case the approval process for the modification would probably take 10 times as much effort than the change itself.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it is probable with any standard settings. You may need to develop it yourself.