cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question regarindg Solman client strategy

0 Kudos

Hi all.

I'm looking for any guidances or documents which are describing a (sort of) best practice client strategy for Solution Manager.

For example, we normally use a client 100 as a productive one. For a case that there's no separated DEV system, I have thought how about setting up a below client strategy.

- 001: Configuration Only

- 100: Productive

- 200: Test

However, my colleague said that basic configuration and managed system configuration are not cross-client configurations and needs to be executed again once the target client is created. So, it can be meaningless to have such a client strategy. Is it a true? If then, is there any easy way that I can utilize both productive and test client in one system?

Best Regards,

Seong Do Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, solman_setup is client dependent.

Hence you can keep on use client 100 as productive and 200 as Test, save all your configuration on TR on Test client and move the TR whenever posible from 100 to 200.

but you need to re do the configurations like RFC settings again. this needs to be done even if you have second Solution manager system as production system.

we do almost all config in Dev system or dev client and Transport to PRD system or PRD Client, solman:_setup is the major pre req and has to be done either or the way.

Thanks and Best regards,

Jansi

Answers (0)