cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate SAP PI with TCP/IP client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to integrate SAP PI with an external system using TCP/IP communication. The external system acts as a TCP/IP client. So, SAP PI needs to play the role of a TCP/IP server.

Is this requirement feasible using SAP PI. If yes, How do we fulfill this requirement.Please help me if someone has already worked on such a landscape.

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Please help me find a best approach to this scenario.

Regards,

Priya

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

It depends on the Message transfer protocol that your External system supports. I believe you can integrate the Ext System using either:

File / FTP

SOAP

HTTP

so on..

Depends the Ext system capability, suggest you to check with them & chose the best available option

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Azhar,

Thanks for the reply.

When we contacted the other party, their reply was that they wont be able communicate in any other way except TCP/IP protocol.

We gave them the options that you mentioned. They replied saying that its not possible for them.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya ,

There is no standard way to achieve this , but there are some blogs to achieve this using Java mapping..

Further , I guess See burger provides a custom adapter for your requirement. You can explore that option as well if cost is not ab problem.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have seen the blog that you have shared.

I hope this works in a case when we need to post some data and get a response from the external system. But, how do we configure an interface if the external system wants to send data to SAP PI. How are we going to receive the incoming messages.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya ,

Have you check with your 3rd part if they can use RFC adapter?

Can they provide the details needed for RFC sender adapter.

Explore more on RFC sender adapter as i guess it can support incoming TCP/IP ttraffic.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your thoughts.

The external systems communicates only at network level, not at the application level.I doubt it would be able to communication using RFC adapter which runs at application level.

I would like to know if someone has already implemented this scenario using a custom adapter.

Regards,

Priya