cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

model SAP1 - NETDEMANDQTY Key Figure Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the input table for the l script,  there is a reference to SM1PRDNUM and SM1LOCNUM.   These two are defined as Int32.   However there are no attributes or master data types called SM1PRDNUM or SM1LOCNUM.   What do SM1PRDNUM and SM1LOCNUM refer to in the l script?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello John,

From my understanding, SM1PRDNUM and SM1LOCNUM are symbolic names. A symbolic name is assigned to all attributes that are inputed to the Supply Planning Operator and are also used in LCode scripts.

You can take a look on these symbolic attributes in the core tables via HCI.

Note that SM1PRDNUM values, for example, do not correspond to the prod number that you use as key attribute (and this is true for all symbolic attributes). The system seems to generate an incremental value for these symbolic field.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,   thanks for your response!   That is very helpful information to me.  Per your understanding,  does this mean that all symbolic key attributes should always be defined as int32 in the l-script  (even if they are NVARCHAR)?   I looked at al the examples from SAP training class and they are all int32 for attributes and Nullfixed8<6> for the key figures.   

0 Kudos

Correct, all symbolic attributes (at least the 5-6 attributes we have used in our scripts so far) are defined as INTEGER not null.

Same for key figures, all defined as Nullfixed8<6>.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Philippe!

Answers (0)