Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show message box in web intelligence during report refresh

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a report requirment where i need to show one message box starting alert if the user is refreshing the report and the loads are running user should get warning message that "loads are running and you shoud not refresh the report".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First create a status table in your database and the value in the column would be either "Loading" or "Ready". In your report create a new query that will fetch this status.

With this status you can conditionally display "Data load in progress" message in a cell in your report.

You can use the same object to control the visibility of the all the report elements.

Additionally,

1. you can pass dummy value to all other queries in the report when the status is "loading". So there will be no data to view when the data load is taking place.
  2. you can automate the status update in ETL. When the Job starts update the flag to "Loading" and as a last step of the job update the falg to "Ready" or complete.
tanveer1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any indicator to indicate that the loads are completed/running in the report ??

if you have any such thing then you can probably use javascript alert boxes.

alert("I am an alert box!");

This will pop up with the text provided.

Please google to find the syntax and try to use it in your report

Thanks,

Tanveer.

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

how to use Alert? I dont think we have any functionality. Do you want me to use SDK