Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rejected quantity in SO and its effect on contract

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

a sales order is created with reference to sales contract. when i want to change the contract quantity less than referenced quantity (in SO), V1495 warning is shown which indicates that sales order is created for this contract.

for example i have created a contract of 10 EA. sales order of 7 EA is created with reference to contract. when i want to change the sales order line to 6, it warns me (V1495) that "7 EA already referenced". since i need to control the contract quantity should not be less than sales order qty, this warning is converted to error message.

the problem is when sales order line is rejected, still sales contract consider it as referenced quantity, so still it doesn't let me to change contract quantity to 6, but i need that. I checked rejection reason configs, but no configs are there. could you help me?

Thanks,

Nava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Nava,

This is not a std behaviour.

Any release orders which are open could be modified and accordingly the contract will get updated.

Please check the copying controls VTAA and look for item level settings as well as routines in it.

Is the contracts showing as being processed or completed is document flow..?

Please check and revert

Regards

Jobi

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

when i reject sales order line, sales order become "completed" and the contract, which is fully referenced by sales order, is also "completed".

the problem is since sales order is "completed", contract doesn't check that sales order is completed because of being rejected, or because it is fully delivered.

here is the copy control setup:

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nava,

try this;

in reason for rejection OVAG, check (tick) the field OLI for your reason for rejection. check if its working for you.

if this is not working , then only option may be programming.

Regards

Jobi

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

I did Jobi... didn't work...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nava

Okkk How can we do this

quantity contract is only for particular quantity

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nava,

1. Please check document category of subsequent document in transaction VOV8;

=> In standard system, for order type OR,  document category should be "C".

2. Please check value of field "Pos./neg. quantity" in copy control(transaction VTAA).

=>In standard system, for creating sales order with reference to quntity contract, field
"Pos./neg. quantity" should be maintained as "+".

Best regards,
Crystal Lin

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Crystal,

both settings are correct. as i mentioned in my prev. post, system standard works like this. i am looking for some solutions.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rejecting an item in sales order always has option for the user to remove it anytime. Hence, as you said, as long as there are quantities in sales order, you cannot adjust the quantities in the contract. How about changing the quantity in sales order itself and if necessary keep a note in the item text. Then try adjusting the quantity in the contract.

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, I don't have a solution but can share my thoughts.

How does SAP know that 7 out of 10 are referenced? I checked VBAP it does not store the 7 as referenced qty for contract in any field. Find the field where SAP stores referenced qty (or) If SAP checks doc flow and from follow on doc gets the referenced qty 7 and calculates 10-7 = 3 open. Then debug and find the code that does this calculation/determination --> find a BADI/userexit and insert your code to not count rejected qty.

There is complete reference field, once full qty is referenced it will get checked. You will also have to find code which does this and add custom logic to not count rejected items when calculating full reference.

Then you will have to lay down process rules - what should be done when item is unrejected ?

Good luck !

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

nice, but user exit is the last solution

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How is the completion rule maintained in the configuration of item category? Please post the details.

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nava,

If this issue is reproducible, you may consider to create an SAP incident in order to find out root cause.

Best regards,
Crystal Lin

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nava,

So you are telling that in case of sales order item getting rejected, you want the contract to show as being processed, and you should be able to create new sales order for that..?

Hope, you dont have any issue with open sales orders modification now.

If you complete the sales order by rejecting the item in it, then system will behave this way only.

Why do you reject the item, normally you can modify it so that the contract will update accordingly. if its open item, then you could delete the item. Now if u try to delete the sales order, does anything change in the contract..? Plse test in sandbox..

In std, i dont think there is any configuration which can help you in this.

Thanks

Jobi

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

our process is MTO. when a production order is created for a sales order, that sales order line cannot be deleted any more. so the only way is to reject the line.

thanks

Nava

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi

it is set on B for contract line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi naga

I have a doubt this is which contract means QUANTITY Contract(KMN) or Value contract materiel WK2.  

Did you check minimum order quantity for that material in MM02

Did you check Completion Rule in VOV7

THANKS & REGARDS

GANESH

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

this is quantity contract. there is no minimum order quantity in material master but there should be any relation. this is standard system function and when you reject sales order line which is referenced to contract, it is not considered as open quantity for that contract, since the sales order line status is complete.