cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents do not Open in New Window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DMS Experts,

I have made the settings in DC30 for Workstation application ,and also workstation application in Network for   PDF, WRD, WWI, XLS, ACD, etc,

For PDF, the originals are displayed in a new Windows, but for WRD, XLS, it opens in the same window, even with INPLACE and OUTPLACE settings.

Secondly, We are using Vault - ZCARR  , If i want to edit the Original , it is saying no value defined and also does not bring that in F4 entries.

Is there any customizing missing ??

Lastly, is there a good way to implement dept based hierarchy ? As when i have defined a Hierarchy based on Dept as below, the authorization restrictions not working, as AD1 can also save FIN as its superior document, please guide how to restrict.

HME

ADM                    FIN

AD1 AD2          FN1   FN2

Thanks

Adnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Adnan,

could you please tell me which parameter value you have maintained in DC30 for the workstation application at "Define workstation application in network"?

If you do not want to use the Office Integration, you can also use the parameter %AUTO% %NO-LEAVE% here to get the file opened outside the SAP system.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks indeed for your response. The parameters which I previously defined were :

PCWRD1Word%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.OUTPLACE%
PCWRD2Word%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.INPLACE%
PCWRD3Word%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.INPLACE%

Which i changed now to %AUTO% and it seemed to work fine, have not tries %NO-LEAVE% though yet.

Can you please also suggest , regarding the Vault query, when we try to edit some document, why its giving , not defined and doesnt even show.

And also about the document hierarchy document type wise.

Thanks

Adnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked, %NO-LEAVE% does not work, but if i keep it blank or give it %AUTO% , it works fine.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Can you please confirm about the editing of the Original, as its not letting me do it because it says no value defined and also no F4 entries. Is it that this is only possible when we are saving originals in SAP-DB , and not in

Thanks

Adnan

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adnan,

I'm sorry but could you please provide me further details on this "new" editing issue. Where would you need F4 entries? If possible please upload a screenshot.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Please see below , when i store an original using Vault, and after check-in when i go to Change options and want to edit the original, it gives me error no Values found, this if coming for Originals check-in with Vault and SAP-DB.

For any more information,please revert back. Thanks for the support.

Regards

Adnan

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adnan,

thanks for the screenshot. If you edit an original file then this pop-up is always coming up showing the path proposal where the local file should be created. This is because the user should have the option to change this path.

But the field "data carrier" is not really useful for this action. Is it really necessary for you to enter a value in this field?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks for response, actually my point of asking was, if want to edit some document, we must first save to our desired location and then upload it again and check-in.

and when the value is not really required then why we use the it.

Thanks

Adnan

Answers (0)