cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am exploring the option to build my carrier in SAP HCM consultant field.

saurabh_sharma27
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am exploring the option to build my carrier in SAP Functional Consultant field.

I have more than 6 years of experience of Human Resource and business management in manufacturing industry. At the same time I have worked on or used SAP as a business user for these 3 years.

I am quiet conversant with the business process, Payroll ,Hiring & organizational management etc.

I have the desire and will but I am looking for some answers to convenience myself that it will be a good decision to move in this direction financially and in terms of career growth also. It would be a big help if you could answer the questions below, before I make my final decision. I would request you SAP Gurus to please guide me.

Some of the agencies (Atos & JKT  and some others) I have got in touch with to discuss this certification have suggested doing SAP HCM certification, keeping my experience in view. If I do it what is your guess how soon I could find a job with this certification.

Rather than an instinctive one, I want to make a well thought over, planned and fairly well estimated decision. I am looking forward to your valuable answers.

Thanks

saurabh Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Getting certified is a good thing but there is no guarantee you will land yourself a job on Day 1. This all depends on the market conditions. Knowing the business processes is a good thing but the skills that keep you ahead are communication, analytical and a bit of technical (to write PCRs or debug ABAP). Its better you have a 1-on-1 conversation with one of your friends in this field to get a better understanding.

Right now SF is the in-thing. But you need to get that certification in a different way.

All the best!!

Regards

Pramod

Answers (0)