cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install XI mail package?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanna use the mail package I can download from SAP-Note 748024.

I already read different HowTos (e.g. How To use the mail adapter of the Xi 3.0 J2EE Adapter Engine,...) but I cannot find an information about how to install the XSD-File?

Do I have to install it?

In my mail sender communication channel I use mail package and I can see in message monitoring, that the adapter creates a xml structure with "Subject, from, to, content,..." - fine!

But now I have to develop a message mapping and I need the source xml datatype (this mail package).

Tx for your help.

Regards

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download the mail apckage as given in the note.

Save it as an .XSD file and then import this as an Extrenal Definition in your Integration Repository. Use this as your message Type in the mapping and message interfaces.

You can also download it from this link,

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000361852004E/ximail30_xsd.txt

This will be your Source Message Type in the case of Sender Mail adapter and the Target message type for receiver mail adapters

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hu Bhavesh,

thanks a lot!

Do I have to use the original namespace "http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30" or can I use my own namespace?

regards

Wolfgang

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any namespace you want.Doesn't matter.

The point is the Namespace will be taken from the Sender Interface.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I uploaded the xsd-file as an external definition - it's ok!

I can see the following messages in this external definition:

Mail, FetchReport, MailReceipt.

But I cannot use this definition to define my own datatype! How can I do this?

My problem is, that the content(!) of the mail is an xml structure - so I have the xml-structure of the mail package and inside the content-element I have an extra xml-structure.

I think I have to extent the mail package.

Regards

Wolfgang

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmm.. In that case why use the Mail Package in the Sender Mail Adapter?

If you do not use Mail Package in the sender mail adapter , the payload that reaches XI will be the content of the mail which is XML and so you can just create a datatype for this strcuture itself.

Mail Package is to be used when Content of mail is Text and not when XML.

Regards

Bhavesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use mail package in sender channel, then the whole XML message will be stored in content as escpaped string. So you cannot do any mapping on the content.

Do not use the mail package in this case. Try to work with the ASMA to get the required information.

Regards

Stefan