Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating inventory posting UD like VMENGE02

former_member407594
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I need your urgent help for scraping stock from QA32. I have one field VMENGE02 for scraping from quality, but i need one more field like VMENGE02. How can i do that.

Please help its very urgent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use VMENGE08 for this.

You will be also required to use customer exit QEVA0001 to achieve your aims fully.

Singh Parminder

former_member407594
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Parminder thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me why i need to use QEVA0001 this exit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay

If you want to do any changes in VMENGE08 or you want to play with background processing while posting stocks, you will have to go through with QEVA0001 user exit. You can take ABAP help to programe that.

As per my knowledge unfortunately there is not much configuration available for stock transfer fields in implemetation guide other than setting of movement types. you can try to put your cost centre by using this exit.

Singh Parminder

former_member407594
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks parminder.

One more issue i am having now is, when i post any quantity in VMENGE08 i am getting message "Incorrect posting to other stock, error message: Enter Movement Type" message number M7 018.

Earlier it was happening properly. Do you have any idea about this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if you have maintained correct movement types for VMENGE08 - unresticted, QI & blocked stock. Also check from MM transaction are you able to post same goods movement or not

Regards

Singh Parminder

former_member407594
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have copied VMENGE02 to VMENGE08.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share the screenshot of your configuration screen.

Also share what is material current status ( QI or UnR) & usage decision is made under which inspection type?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do that by referring below path,

QCC0 > Quality Inspection > Inspection lot completion > Define inventory postings. Try using VMENGE08 or VMENGE09 with appropriate movement type against it.

But the question is why you need that for scrapping if SAP has already provided the field the same purpose? Would be easy for us to suggest something else if we know more about business requirement

Anand

former_member407594
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand for your reply. I have used VMENGE08 but it doesn't have field to capture cost center.

Actually i am working on foundry client. They need to sepratly scrap, rejection due to Foundry defect and rejection due to machine shop defect which is required for reporting.

VMENGE02 have option for cost center but not VMENGE08.

Can we configure VMENGE08 like VMENGE02?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Akshay,

I have 1 suggestion here! If the purpose is to bifurcate the quantities based on defects then you can go with adding Reason for Movement for 553 movement type. Make it mandatory in customizing so that every time when you put some quantity in Scrap field, system would prompt you to choose appropriate reason code. You can post the quantities 2 times. Firstly for foundry defect reasons and then for machine shop defects.

As mentioned earlier, with VMENGE08  also it could be feasible. However, considering the purpose I would go with adding reason for movement. Additionally you can record the defects in system by creating notification linked to inspection lot.

Anand

former_member407594
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand.

I know i can maintain reason for movement for scraping but thing is that i have to capture those rejections for reporting purpose, but if i save it with reason then also in QALS table i will get total scrap quantity. Then i need to go to MSEG table and fire query to get those quantity reason wise which will slows down the reports which need to develop.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay true! This also makes some sense!! Like I mentioned in my first post you can do that by VMENGE08 setting also. In IMG I get below information about this topic, which invites ABAP intervention to work it further.

In this case, SAP cannot guarantee that all of the possible variants for quantity postings will function perfectly without program modification. If necessary, you may have to use the function enhancement (customer exit) QEVA0001 to achieve your aims.

Use the keys VMENGE08 for additional quantity postings. Key VMENGE09 is reserved for SAP.

These quantity postings appear on the screen when you make the usage decision.

You can define the descriptions of these postings individually in project management for the function enhancements (transaction CMOD). Use the function "Global enhancements/Change keywords" to modify the data elements, e.g. QVMENGE08. Unfortunately, these adjustments are not visible in the Implementation Guide. They only have effect in the transaction for the usage decision

It is worth consulting your ABAP team with above exit. If it is tedious then probably MSEG query has the answer!

I have a small point here. Right-now you have only 2 defect types thus you can bifurcate based on 2 separate quantity fields in QALS once above development is in place. However, in future if business demands bifurcation based on some more defect types then another solution needs to be explored and report fetching with these 2 different logic would add some conflict. So considering this the appropriate solution needs to be designed. It is just a thought!!

Let the experts should provide some more on this!

Anand

former_member407594
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anand. I think i have not given proper details. Actually those two fields are required for rejection quantity due to Machine shop and due to Foundry. Machine shop and Foundry are two Plants here. So this process is not going to change in future. Means there will not be addition other than this.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wait. I'm little confused with two plants.

Do you mean to say that you have two plants i.e Machine Shop and Foundry? You get inspection lot in each of these plants, and got to do the inspection and then scrap the QI stock. Later, you need a report where you can precisely differentiate the rejection quantity for each plant?

May be I misread the whole query and responses and there is still some confusion I'm not able to get par.

But I believe if this the case and my understanding is correct, you can still use the common field i.e VMENGE02 and differentiate the rejection on the basis of plant.

Machine (Plant 1000)- Inspection lot qty 10, rejected qty- 5, Post accordingly.

Foundry (Plant 2000)- Inspection lot qty 20, rejected qty- 15, Post accordingly.

I still think I read it entirely other way and this is not what your process is and I just babbled away too many words

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Nitin here.  If you have two separate plants you only need one reject stock posting line.  Your inspection lot is in one plant or the other.

Unless you are doing something where you create the lot in one plant, but use it for recording all results, regardless of plant.

The other option is simply post the stock out to blocked stock to two different storage locations.  One storage location for Foundry Reject, (9990) and one for Machine Shop reject (9991).  Then have a batch job that runs every ten minutes and simply writes off any stock found in any 99* storage locations against the right cost center using a regular IM material movement.  

This allows future expansion to as many different areas/storage locations you want.  Your reports can than utilize the storage location posted to as a criteria in the report selection.  You can even easily use QA32/QA33 to show you all stock reported to ceratin storage locations with date ranges.  Create variants for users and possibly you can avoid writing any reports and just use QA33 for reporting.

Craig