Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Option in CV03N and Display of ppt files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having 2 queries

1)I am using ECL viewer for displaying pdf files, CAD drawings(*.dwg), Images and so forth. Now by default , in CV03N, if I am clicking on the print button( or right click original->print ), only the ECL viewer with the file is displayed. I can take the print from ECL viewer options, but my questions is both display and print functionality of the original seems to be same in CV03N screen, even if I have maintained print activity for the workstation applications in DC30 separately .

Is this a standard feature ?. Kindly throw some light on this

2) When I am opening ppt files in CV03N with SAP Office Viewer. By default, the office button is missing. Even though, MS Power point in my PC has the Office button default in it, when I am opening it through CV03N, Office button is missing. For Word and Excel however, it is present. I would like to make it missing, like for ppt files. Is there any method to do this?.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

regarding the first question I would recommend you to use the parameter %AUTO% %NO-LEAVE% for the application type '3' (print) in DC30. Because if you use the ECL Viewer the system can only trigger that the ECL Viewer is opened and the file is displayed. So you have to choose print there again.

But if you use the parameter %AUTO% &NO-LEAVE% the external application will be used for printing and the windows settings are taken into account.

The %NO-LEAVE% value is just a recommendation to avoid that the used transaction (e.g. CV03N) is kept open.

Regarding the second issue I would like to know if you are using the Office integration parameter or also the parameter %AUTO%?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Kindly note that putting %AUTO% %NO-LEAVE% for application type 3 in DC30 is also only opening the pdf file using the viewer in the PC ( Acrobat reader ), and not going directly to the print options .

For Office files ( excel and word ) on right clicking print, it is directly opening in print layout screen, can we make pdf and cad files like that too?. Because, then print option for pdf and cad files seem insignificant as they are doing the same functionality as display.

Regarding the second issue, If I am using the Office integrator, the Office button is missing. When I am using %AUTO%, the Office button is present, as MS Power point has Office button present in it, by default.

The first issue is quite urgent as the client wants directly to open in the print format and not in any viewer, on clicking the print button.

Thanks in advance.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding the print issue of PDF files I have to say that when using %AUTO% the control is completely handed over to the external application and so the Adobe Reader is taking over. So if you want to know how the Adobe Reader can be setup to print the file directly I would kindly ask you to contact the Adobe support.

Maybe someone here has already faced a similar issue and found a solution. Based on my information the print in Adobe Reader works only within 2 steps.

Best regards,

Christoph