cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to connect to CMS via IDT in BOBJ 4.1 SP4 after changing my harddisk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yesterday The office technician changed my laptop hard disk (which I use to develop BOBJ universes and reports) and from then on I am not able to log into my IDT, UDT and other Client tools of BOBJ 4.1 SP4.

All the contents have been copied over to the new one though. The detailed error I get is as follows:

"Server dbsrptpr-labc01.ds.dtvops.net:6400 not found or server may be down (FWM 01003)"

Error:
Failed to log on host "dbsrptpr-labc01.ds.dtvops.net:6400", user "514319", Could not reach CMS 'dbsrptpr-labc01.ds.dtvops.net:6400'. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)

I was always able to work fine on the IDT, etc on my machine.

I checked my installation files and everything is in the same order as it was before.

Below are the checks I did before posting this here.

1. remove the @ before the server name while signing in and keep the server and Port name as it is.
2. Check my intranet and connectivity. Everything is perfect.
3. My colleagues could also not login on my machine. I was able to login fine into client tools from my colleagues machine.
4. Check with my BOBJ administrator but no luck
5. I can login to WEB BI launchpad fine with no issues
6. My LDAP Authentication works fine with other applications.

Should I re install my client tools all over again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RCC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open the hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and check if the entries in this file match with that on your colleagues machine.

As a second step, you can check with you IT team to see if ports are blocked on your system that is causing this issue.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your inputs BI Gurus! This seems to be a network issue. I had to switch to a different network that works for my location steadily. I appreciate timely comments. Helps me to strike off other reasons for the issue i face

Thanks,

Rcc

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tsar,

Telnet the CMS port and if it gives error: ‘could not open connection to the host, on the port 6400: connection failed’

Then contact your network team to open the port bi-directionally to have a communication between CMS and IDT.

Make sure to delete previous sessions in IDT

The client machine should be able to perform an NSLOOKUPwithout the host file entry if the necessary steps are taken at the DNS server by your Network Admin. Is SSO used?  These require additional configuration files.

Jacqueline

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try disabling firewall / anti-virus on your system.

Also this may be a port issue. Please check this with your Network team.

You can try Pinging and Tel-netting the server to verify the same.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Imran