cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD for NW 7.31 PO with De-Central Adapters

Setu_Shah
Explorer
0 Kudos

What's best practice for setting up an SLD in a landscape with multiple de-central adapters? Our landscape:

• 3 tier landscape (DEV/QA/PROD with multiple QA environments) - java stack only
  • QA and PROD will have multiple de-central adapters
  • Each SID currently has a local SLD

My approach:

• Central adapter serves as central SLD
  • Central adapter, via SLD bridge, sends data to de-central adapters and solution manager

The reason I'm choosing to create a bridge between the central and de-central's rather than have the de-central adapters use the central adapter as their SLD is to avoid having a single point of failure.

My question - is it possible to have the central adapter sync data to multiple SLD's? If so, how is this accomplished?

Thanks,

Setu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My approach would be.

PRD :

Full installation of SAP PO that is central.

Then multiple installation of SAP PO De-central in the DMZ's.

Reason in DMZ(This will minimize network changes. They come in via one IP and we distribute using de-centralised adapters.

But all of these de-central adapters still tie back to the central SLD in your landshape.

I would not try and sync data to multiple SLD's.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Setu_Shah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your feedback. This would still result in our central adapter being a single point of failure. If it's down, all de-central adapters are essentially down as well since the SLD is required. We're trying to avoid this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Understand your concern. But as far as i know you might be looking at a costing implication when you try and install a complete PO.

Please have a look at this link below. Think this will help you.

Because you might have to do AEX

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Setu_Shah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

Sorry the delay in my response. The link states that we can use AEX for the de-central, however SAP's document doesn't detail that, and still lists AAE as the de-central adapter. Source:

Concepts - Process Orchestration - SAP Library

With that said, it's still not clear on the SLD config for central/de-central. We're in the process of building/configuring a sandbox so we'll find out soon if using an SLD bridge from de-central to central will work.

Thanks,

Setu