Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

This is relaetd to BI 4.1 SP1.

I have three connection in IDT going to -

server1:6400

server2:6400

server3:6400

All is working fine. Now the server3:6400 has new cluster name now and it is @newcluster. When I logon to CMC i see the new cluster name in the login screen rather than server3:6400, which is good.

Now I cannot connect to BO system from IDT using server3:6400 but when I enter @newcluster instead of server3:6400, all works well.

The issue is that this it replaces the server1:6400 and server2:6400 with @newcluster, which is incorrect. It should not touch other connections.

Anybody came across situation?

Please advice.

Thank  you,

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please validate your cluster name and its nodes in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Enterprise\CMSClusterMembers\ CMSClusterMembers.

Hope this helps,

Jin-Chong

former_member186487
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked both my client and server has a entry for @newcluster.

Name = @newcluster

Data = server3:6400;

It is still same.

Thank you.

SS

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Please elaborate what exactly is "The issue is that this it replaces the server1:6400 and server2:6400 with @newcluster""?

2. are you able to login to server1:6400 or server2:6400 individually and monitor HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Enterprise\CMSClusterMembers\CMSClusterMembers to see if a new cluster with server1:6400 and server2:6400 is create in the registry?

Regards,

Jin-Chong

former_member186487
Participant
0 Kudos

Before image has three entries in IDT -

@server1:6400 (user1 - Enterprice)

@server2:6400 (user2 - Enterprice)

@server3:6400 (user3 - Enterprice)

The cluster name is changed for server3:6400. I create a new connection with @newcluster and it creates entry in IDT but it makes all the entry also "@newcluster" and it loosk as follows -

After image -

@newcluster (user1 - Enterprice)

@newcluster (user2 - Enterprice)

@newcluster (user3 - Enterprice)

The first two should not be changed.

I hope it clarifies.

Thank you,

SS

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. It seems that you have user1, user2, and user3 sessions to @newcluster in Repository Resources in IDT.

2. As you indicate that "both my client and server has a entry for @newcluster. Name = @newcluster Data = server3:6400;" in the registry, that tells me that there is no previous successful login session before to server1:6400 or server2:6400.  Note that a different cluster other than @newcluster will prompt the BI to record the new addition in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Enterprise\CMSClusterMembers\CMSClusterMembers.  If you do not see any thing other than @newcluster, that means all users (user1, user2, and user3) are all login to @newcluster which is server3:6400.

If this is still confusing, please log a SAP ticket for further assistance.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like all the 3 nodes (SIAs) are pointing to the same system (CMS) database. if this is the case then those 3 are in a cluster. please validate!

Thanks,

Mayur