cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Import CHaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the customer is asking is to stop the Manual activity of changing the project status to " Go-live" for Normal Change import into PRD.

He says if my Testing is successful in QAS then Import Job should automatically import the TR into PRD but as per standard Procedure we have to set the status to " Go -live".

Is there a way to disable this project status Check so that only those NC's which has status Successfully Tested be automatically imported into PRD.

Regards
Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

We can customize the Phase controller that manages the cycle and task-list. But whenever a support package is applied the customization is lost.

can you tell me if you are looking to implement this on project or maintenance cycle of ChaRM ?

Regards,

Dillip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Client is already using urgent change.

Regards

Abhishek

former_member228464
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Then you have to follow the project phases only if they don't want to mix normal &urgent changes.

Note that few clients are using only urgent changes (may be of 2 ttypes) so that they can move the transports with out project phases.

Regards,

Kuthubus Saman

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not recommendable though, but you can override in consistency checks in change request management framework settings.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I agree its not recommended but his requirement is automation of transports and his opinion is that  if i am adding a manual step somewhere else to do do an automation of transport that is not correct.

Already tried the the consistency checks but nothing helps.

Regards

former_member228464
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Note that NCs depend on task lists which are tightly integrated with project cycle.

For moving the transport of NCs to production system, you should change the project cycle to Go-Live (of course you can restrict status based imports, only coupled with phase change).

If you client does not want to change the project cycle, usage of Urgent Change is recommended which does not care about change cycle phase (can be done with Maintenance projects only)

Regards,

Kuthubus Saman