Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiation of Category in Extended Notifications

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a basic question regarding extended notifications. How does the framework understands what text it needs to apply for which category  in "General Settings"?

As I understand, the primary key of General Settings is just an setting & index. 

I have two categories: Material Workflows and Leave Management (For Fiori Apps).

Leave Management, I have added recently but my Leave Request's email got merged with the one from Material creation workflow

I have not changed anything in General Settings except from the URL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saumil,

The 'setting' is really just a token, which is replaced by the specified text at runtime and applies to all notifications.

The place in which it is inserted is coded within the message generation (which you can replace with your own classes if you wish). It looks like you edited the text to apply to Material workflows. Suggest to keep it generic. Focus on the work item text to make it clear to the user what is to be done - as is already the case with your leave request.

Regards,

Mike

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking time and responding.

Actually, Material Creation category is already there and in use (As I can see in SWNADMIN).

I am now trying to add the Category for Leave Management for Leave Approval Workflow/App.

"It looks like you edited the text to apply to Material workflows" I have not clearly understood your suggestion.

Shall we make the text Generic and then it will pickup the workitem text for diff categories?

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it should be generic, that's how the original SAP-delivered text is. The first two lines in your example are a prefix that gets added to all messages.

The online help explains it nicely with pictures:

Extended Notifications for SAP Business Workflow

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Any standard Text entered in "General Settings" in SWNCONFIG is common for all extended notification emails. Do not make these standard text specific to one workflow scenario.

It is a lot easier to add custom  text in workitem text in first place as suggested by Mike. But if you are interested to explore options in Extended notifications, refer to SAP Note 1646056

You can create your own message template and assign it to the category . Use the CL_SWN_NOTIF_WORKFLOW to change the text in the Notification.

Refer to attached SAP knowledge base article SAP Note 1646056

At the category e.g. there is the category handler (CL_SWN_CATEGORY), notification handler (CL_SWN_NOTIF_WORKFLOW) and the handler for user (CL_SWN_USER_STD). It is possible to create your own handler classes by inheriting from the standard classes. Afterwards they have to be maintained in SWNCONFIG (in this case at the category).

During runtime these classes are used instead of the standard classes. This allows the implementation of additional requirements.

Regards

Sandy

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

So it means the link to workflow inbox in "General Text" is also generic? Whats the purpose of giving a link if the same link appears for all categories/inboxes?

If the workitems of Material Category are executed by Business Workplace and the workitems of Leave Management by Fiori Launchpad then there is no point of providing the hardcoded link in there for any one type of Inbox.

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike!

Answers (0)