Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI Crosstab - Insert a row with a custom subtotal

gordon_jack
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am attempting to add a custom subtotal in the middle of a cross tab report which is being used as an income statement. The purpose is to show profitability as Gl accounts are included.

I am using the crosstsb with breaks for different GL groupings. The crosstab calculates the subtotal for each break correctly. However, I need to be able to do a calculation accross multiple breaks as demonstrated by the rows with **** in the example below. I am able to inert the row but the calulation seems to only include the values from the individual break.

Advice would be appreciated.

GL AccountsJanFeb
Sales acct 1100
Sales acct 2110
Subtotal Sales210
Direct Cost Acct 120
Direct Cost Acct 230
Subtotal Direct costs50
**Sales Minus Direct Costs**160
Indirect Costs Acct 115
Indirect Costs Acct 225
Subtotal Indirect Costs40
**Sales Minus Costs**120

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tanveer1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the variable on which the break is applied lets say the break is on [G/L Account]

1. Insert row at the end of break., that inserts after every break.

2. Create formula to populate the custom text

= If ([G/L Account]="Sales") Then "" Else If ([G/L Account]="Direct Cost") Then "** Sales Minus Direct Costs**" else "**Sales Minus Costs**"

this will populate the text based on your requirement in the newly inserted cell

Similarly create formula to get the totals

= If ([G/L Account]="Sales") Then "" Else If ([G/L Account]="Direct Cost") Then [Amount] where ([G/L Account]="Sales") - [Amount]  else [Amount] where([G/L Account]="Sales") - [Amount]

Thanks,

Tanveer.

gordon_jack
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank You Tanveer for the response.

I have something similar to what you proposed for the text and it works properly.

For the Subtotal it does not work. I tried the formula you provided but I am still getting the same result. It only seems to use the values within the break. I need a way to include all values from the row.

Direct Cost Acct 12020
Direct Cost Acct 23030
Subtotal Direct costs5050
**Sales Minus Direct Costs**16050
ExpectedActual
gordon_jack
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually, Meant to say I need to include all of the values from the column. Also the Actual result was a negative 50.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gordon_jack
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have resolved my issue....I had a higher level break on my report. I removed that which allowed the formula to work. However, It would have been nice to get the formula to work without having to remove the higher level break.