cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProductionDateService PAPI confusion on Timestamps/Timezones

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are currently trying to utilize the ProductionDateService: findProductionShiftsForDate PAPI to fetch the current Shift,

however there is some confusion with the Timestamps we get back as a result.

We have a Production Shift configured which starts 06:00 in the morning and ends 16:30 in the afternoon.

System and Site Timezone is set to Los Angeles.

Now if we call the PAPI with the Parameter 6:00:00 AM and America/Los_Angeles,

it returns the correct shift, but the Timestamps returned are the following:

<ns2:startDateTime>2015-05-29T03:00:00.000-07:00</ns2:startDateTime>

<ns2:endDateTime>2015-05-29T13:30:00.000-07:00</ns2:endDateTime>

The Time Offset of -7 between GMT and PDT is correct, however the timestamps are off by 3hours.

Could somebody elaborate where this behavior comes from?

For me it looks like a problem when actually storing the Production Shifts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the note states it is applicable for ME 5.2, we are utilizing ME 15.

In the meantime we found out that everything we looked at in the Database is stored as GMT time, the only item which seems to differ are the entries in Production_Date table which seem to be stored in the system timezone (in our case currently EDT).

So is it still a necessity to set the System time on the Database-Server to GMT? Seems a bit off, as apparently the rest of the system is handling it quite happily.

Br,

Christian

0 Kudos

Database setup is the same since 5.2. So, GMT is recommended for ME 15.0 too.

As to the date/time for PRODUCTION_DATE table, it seems to be created by Production Calendar JSP - so it looks as if the offset is taken from the client's system where IE is accessing SAP ME. Actually, it seems quite logical because Production Shift Maintenance display shift's Start and End time for the local site - so it needs to be offset to GMT when written to the database where it is expected to be stored in GMT.

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

What are your values in the database in production_shift and production_date tables?

Regards,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PRODUCTION_SHIFT states START_TIME 600 END_TIME 1630

PRODUCTION_DATE states START_DATE_TIME 2015-05-29T10:00:00.000Z

END_DATE_TIME 2015-05-29T20:30:00.000Z

0 Kudos

Hi!

So, it looks as if the system returns PRODUCTION_DATE values decreased by 7 hours of time offset.

Could you please check SAP Note 1471975?

Regards,

Sergiy