Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interchangeability of product

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Does anybody knows how sysyem plans for interchangable components for direction full. And also how system plans under usage probability of 40% and 60%.

Thanking you in advance.

Amol Chavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am assuming here that the INterchangeability is used in SNP for supersession

Let me explain both the directions

(1) Forward : A product (A) is superseded by a successor product (B) on a specific date. During the planning run, the system transfers demands for A to B from this date onwards. However, demands for B cannot be transferred to A since A was assigned the interchangeability direction Forward interchangeable.

(2) Full: Product A is superseded by product B on a specific date. Demands for A will be transferred to B from this date onwards. As the direction of interchangeability -Fully interchangeable was defined for A, requirements for B can also be covered by surplus warehouse stock for A.

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, But as i suppose in both cases successor will not be planned until the stock level for predecessor will not become ZERO.

And also A<->B in full how do we define the interchangeability through system although we can do it manually?

Thank you

Amol Chavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Successor can be planned even when the stock is not zero.

You define a date range on the predecessor uptill when the stock has to be considered. This is an additional setting( USE UP DATE) on the INterchangeability Group

I am sorry I did not understand your second question- However I am assuming you are asking how to maintain the INterchangeability Master Data

Please goto help.sap.com for detailed explanation

I will list some steps

(1) Goto transaction : /incmd/ui

select the group type- Supersession

Create a new group by selecting the create icon

(2) <b>Header tab:</b>

Enter the Group Name and description on the right hand side

Relevant for--- Planning and ATP

<b>Location Tab:</b>

Enter the location

<b>Details Tab:</b>

Replacement type: Prod-Prod

Preceding Member Type: Prod

Predecessor Product: xxxxx

Preceding Quantity Factor: 1

Success Member Type: Prod

Succ Prod: yyyyyy

Succeding Quantity Factor: 1

Valid from: dd:mm:yyyy

Direction: Full

Use up: Yes/Restricted

Use Up Date: If you select restircted option in the above

Hope this helps

REgards

Kumar

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello P. Ayyagari

Thank you for ur suggestion. If we have maintained the group with all settings as u say i.e. Predecessor Product and its Successor validity date, use up strategy and all.

In maintaining the direction there are 2 things,

1) Forward (A->B) That as per date mentioned product A will be replaced by product B.

2) Full (A<->B) Where product A can be replaced by product B after validity date. but also it can be possible that you can replace product B again by A.

In first case it is easy for setting and logic of how system works, And in

2nd case what are settings need to be done as to replace back product B by A. And What logic is applied by the system and what are its necessary settings.

Thank You

Amol Chavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

I believe you have misunderstood the concept of Interchangeability.

As you say- In maintaining directions, <b>Products are not replaced </b> but the requirements or demands are moved

For example: Forward ( A-->B) meaning demand on A will be moved to B from the specified date

Full( A<-->B) meaning demand on A will be placed on B and If there is enough stock on hand in A, Any demand on B will be placed on A.

The settings I have provided are for the Direction: FULL

Hope this helps

Regard

Kumar

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

Thank You for clearing my doubts, Now I am clear about the concept of interchangeability.

Assigned full points.......

Thank you

Amol Chavan

Answers (0)