cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add custom field with dropdown list from complex table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am working on SAPWM application. I have added a custom field which contains a dropdown list in EditNotification screen. List is coming from complex table. In screen I have already added field with dropdown list. Also written complex table name in properties field. Shall I need to extend the EditNotificationBAPI ? What other things I need to do to get this reflected on screen?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

You need to provide more information as to what you are trying to do.

What are the problem symptoms?  You didn't explain what isn't working.

Is it that the drop down is not enabled or has no rows?

Is this an existing complex table, or a new one that you created?

What version of WM and Agentry are you using?

You don't need to extend any Edit BAPI class for a complex table field to be populated with data on a screen.  To update the data in the backend when transmitting, yes.

Can you provide some screen shots of your complex table screen field?

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Sorry for replying late. I am using SAPWM 6.2 apllication. I want to add work center field in Edit Notification screen which contains a drop down list coming from ctWorkCenter complex table which is an existing table. I have added label and drop down list object in the Windows platform screen. Also I extend  BAPI classes for this. But still I am not able to see work center field in  Edit Notification screen. Am I missing something. Plz help me.

And I possible give step by step instructions.

Regards

Sudhir

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

If the field is just not showing up, either you are editing the wrong screenset, or the field has a hidden rule on it, or you placed it incorrectly on the screen coordinates.  Make sure it is not being overlapped by another field, and that it is placed in the visible dimensions of the screen.  If you are not using hard coded dimensions, you will need to move the field up/down the field list to place it.

What client platform are you using?

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP