cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIGNAL 11 (SIGSEGV) crash in indexserver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HANA Experts,

A product in our company uses HANA as the data storage, I am doing the performance testing for product. When I used small table (5million rows/500 columns) it functioned well, however after I ramped the data size up to 20 million rows and 1000 columns, the HANA indexserver crashed and restarted automatically.

Sorry that this product is like a blackbox to me and I cannot tell what it does to HANA server while I testing the functions. I understand this information is important, but could you at least help me check the crashdump file and see what the possible cause? The crashdump file is in the attachment.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adrian,

A SIGSEGV can have different causes.

Can you please upload your indexserver trace file for the period when you had the SIGSEGV. The crash dump file is really for developers and I don't think much will be gleaned from it by us.

Kind Regards,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amerjit,

I will attache crashdump file as well as the trace file.

Message was edited by: Adrian Liu

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to the crashdump file you are on HANA SP 08 Revision 82.

I have seen similar issues in a few of our systems with early revisions of HANA SP 08.

Solution was an upgrade to a more recent revision.

You might want to go to revision 85.03 or 85.04., or even to SP 09.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

Thanks for your prompt reply, it's quite helpful.

If this is a version issue. I have no control about the server installation. I'd like to know if there is an official page link for this problem so that I can redirect it to our IT department inquiring a new version installation. Could you send it to me, if it has?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Liu: Our Non Production system currently on HANA version 85.03 has started experiencing the Signal11 Crash dumps from last 2 weeks.

I have found the SAP note: 2170989 for ABAP dumps for process terminated by Signal 10 under the folllowing link.

The Note confirms the issue is addressed in release 85.04

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Josef: It would be very useful to know if we have a similar note for Signal 11 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for sharing.

How did you get avoid of the Signal 11 crash after you experienced it? Can you share me any tips/workarounds?

By the way, regarding the link (for signal 10) you put up there, I do not have proper username/password to get into, where can I get a public access?

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Liu,

We are still working with SAP Support on the Signal11 errors

It is not a production system so we are not expecting a response very soon from SAP

I do not know of any way to access the notes with a public connection, you will need a SAP ID to view the knowledge base articles from SAP

Sunil