cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edi communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have been asked to work on a B2B scenario involving procurement related EDI with SPS commerce. i have some information that we have Seeburger adapter to interact with EDI systems, but i have not worked on it.

few questions:

1. in pi 7.3.1 single stack, i think Seeburger adapter is available as an add-on - meaning we can have the seeburger adapter in ID for comm channel configuration in the list where we have file, rfc, jdbc etc adapters available - is this correct? if yes, then from which version we have it available?

2. do you have some information regarding SPS commerce as to how pi integrates with it - meaning do we use seeburger adapter or some other adapter to communicate with it? any blog having information regarding it?

3. any pre-configuration needed like for jdbc adapter, we need to deploy the jdbc adapter in pi system and then configure it in ID in comm channel configuration to connect with the specific database - so in Seeburger is this the case that we need to do something like this - or - we can directly use it like file adapter if we are seeing Seeburger adapter in the adapter list?

4. any blog containing the end-to-end process for designing and configuring a sample scenario like EDI document coming to PI and then mapped to its IDOC in ECC system?

5. regarding the mapping between the EDI documents and their IDOCs, do we have standard content available for it? if yes, then in which software component can we find it?

any info pls. thx. all helpful replies will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stewart,

PFB my reply:

1. in pi 7.3.1 single stack, i think Seeburger adapter is available as an add-on

>>> Are you referring to Seeburger or SAP B2B Add on?..with 7.31 you can use SAP's own B2B Add - On

3. any pre-configuration needed

>>> Yes, you need to have the required Add-On downloaded in your system

4. any blog containing the end-to-end process

>>> Yes,  there are many available on SCN , PBF few links:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10b17369-9522-2c10-84a6-d75d8a8ac...

5. regarding the mapping

>>> Yes, with B2B add On SAP does provide Standard Mapping Content for few Standard IDOC / Messages

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

in pi 7.3.1 single stack, i think Seeburger adapter is available as an add-on

>>> Are you referring to Seeburger or SAP B2B Add on?..with 7.31 you can use SAP's own B2B Add - On

pls tell something more about it. what i understand is this - seeburger adapter initially had to be bought from seeburger company (is it correct?) - but then through B2B Add on, SAP delivers seeburger adapter in it (is it correct?) - so does the seeburger adapter in B2B Add on have the complete functionality of the seeburger adapter from seeburger company?

my understanding can be completely wrong here, as i do not have much information here, so pls tell.

also for communication with sps commerce with edi, is the seeburger adapter in B2B Add on sufficient or do we need to use some other adapter?

any info pls. thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

seeburger and B2b Addon are different products.

Have a look at

reg, avi

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.. so what i understood is : Seeburger adapter from Seeburger company has AS2 adapter in it.

B2B Add on provided by SAP has AS2 adapter in it.

so we have the option of either seeburger's AS2 or B2B AS2. does somebody has information if both AS2 adapters have almost equal functionality or is one AS2 better than other and if so, which adapter shall be better?

one more question - so whenever we have to work with EDI documents, we will have to use AS2 adapter only (either Seeburger or B2B) - or - there are other adapters also available to communicate with EDI documents in PI system?

any info. thx.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stewart,

Both adapter is having all the functionality. B2B addon from SAP and it is launched in 2011-12, SAP is having lot of focus to build own AS2 capability. on other hand Seeburger AS2 is very old adapter. all the EDI integration till PIb 7.1 version is done with seeburger.

If you are working with EDI document then it is not mand. to use AS2 adapater. for example in my landscape we have seeburger installed and having all the bic module available (to EDI flat to xml and vice versa) and we are able to use those module in File, SFTP, JMS and mail adapter to convert EDI flat to XML and vice versa.

Hope this help!!

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.. so the next question comes: if we use seeburger adapter then a separate licence would be needed.

will a separate license be needed for B2B Add on for AS2? or will it be just like downloading the latest SP and the basis team can install it?

also, regarding mapping content, Seeburger provides its standard content for mapping - Does B2B Add on also has standard mapping content? or we will have to create the mapping by ourselves for even standard EDI message to standard IDOCs, if we choose B2B Add on option?

any info, thx.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stewart,

Yes, there is separate licence for seeburger adapter as well as B2B addon.

Both the adapter package provide standard mapping content.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stewart,

1. 1. in pi 7.3.1 single stack, i think Seeburger adapter is available as an add-on - meaning we can have the seeburger adapter in ID for comm channel configuration in the list where we have file, rfc, jdbc etc adapters available - is this correct? if yes, then from which version we have it available?

-->> Seeburger adapter you need to purchse from seeburger. From 7.3 version you have two option for EDI communication AS2 adapter as part of B2B addon from SAP or AS2 adapter from seeburger.

1. 2. do you have some information regarding SPS commerce as to how pi integrates with it - meaning do we use seeburger adapter or some other adapter to communicate with it? any blog having information regarding it?
  • à
  1. 3. any pre-configuration needed like for jdbc adapter, we need to deploy the jdbc adapter in pi system and then configure it in ID in comm channel configuration to connect with the specific database - so in Seeburger is this the case that we need to do something like this - or - we can directly use it like file adapter if we are seeing Seeburger adapter in the adapter list?

-> The adapter needs to install on PI. So once it is installed you can use from the adapter list.

1. 4. any blog containing the end-to-end process for designing and configuring a sample scenario like EDI document coming to PI and then mapped to its IDOC in ECC system?

-> Please refer the below blog

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d095b2df-9fa3-2d10-568b-d12d99828...

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/07/24/quick-overview--b2b-scenario-with...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10b17369-9522-2c10-84a6-d75d8a8ac...

1. 5. regarding the mapping between the EDI documents and their IDOCs, do we have standard content available for it? if yes, then in which software component can we find it?
  • àThere are standard mapping delivered with Seeburger content.
rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My few cents to add into Harish responde (one more time one of the best):

1.       Different license, Seeburger deploy his adapter into PI system. It’s not an SAP product.

2.       No idea.

3.       Better read seeburger guide

4.       A lot of, search SCN

5.       Under PO version B2B addon it’s included, integration advisor is more or less what do you asking for it’s included with some EDI to XML examples under HCI license.

cheers,

Roberto.