cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP 7 upgrade ACT_UPG in pre-processing running slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading our ECC system from EHP6 to EHP7. The pre-processing ACT_UPG phase is running for 18 hours. I have gone through all notes and set required things. I can see the job RDDMASGL is active in shadow system. there is no update in log folder. But i can see in tmp folder regular update is there SAPA742EPU.SID.I can see 1 EDO533X*** Activate objects at level "57" is completed. How many level will be there for active objects. Kindly help me on this.

Regards,

Karthik.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Check the KBA : 1918279 - performance analysis for ACT_UPG phase

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have read that note. From that i can see after the calculation.

275 topological levels are there.

and now 1EDO533X*** Activate objects at level "156" is running.

So i think only 119 objects remaining, after that this phase will be completed.

Is it right?

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

If you see the Note and follow you will find something like :

xxxxxx objects at 275 topological level....

it measn total objects to be activated are xxxxxx at 275 level.

now these xxxxxx objects are distributed on different level and number of objects on each level can be different.

So at the moment activation at level 156 is running and after that 119 level remaining . Please
note its level and not number of objects.

You may seach the log with "activate objects at" and see how many objects are already activated in 156 level and could get a rough idea how many objects are remaining as you already know the total objects is xxxxxxx. This will give a idea how long ACT_UPG will run from this point.

I hope it helps.

BR,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gaurav,

I can see as below.

Graph_Analysis: "388.840" objects in "21.151" partitions and on "275" topological levels

If i count the total number activate is only 15194.  Its already now in 160 phase.

So is it around 320000 remaining?

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I dont think 15,194 is correct number. how did you count it ?

Did you add all objects at all level which are alreay activated ?

If you search with "activate objects at" , and read 2-3 lined below this line , you would be able to see how many objects will be activated on that level . Then you can add all these number for all 160 levels and and get a idea. But based on you reply some time ago you were 156 and now 160 so at the moment it seems good enough. If you are not able to calculate the number of objects then you can check by levels (but generally levels do not give a fair idea). Anyway , now it should be possible for you to check the progress of act_upg.

If this answeres your query, please close the thread by marking it as answered.

BR,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Are you saying about the below one.

3 EDO677 Total of "30" objects with &3"20.700" costs in &2"6" tasks

If i count this entries it is around 15193.Is "388.840" means 388840 or 38884. I am confused about this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks gaurav, You are rite.

Answers (0)