cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get new notification types into work manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

my work manager originally showed M1 to M3 notification types in the notification create screen. I created a new maintenance notification type which is the copy of the M3 notification type. I have been trying to make this notification type to be made available on the work manager. But its not happening.

Below are what I have done to diagnose the problem.

1. In the Agentry SAP Framework configuration, under the complex tables in the Mobile Data object configuration I selected the MDO id SWM62_NOTIFICATION_TYPE. Under the GET method, I got made each of the filters inactive. The new notification type did not flow in.

2. So, I reset the client on the mobile device and relogged in. No luck.

3. So, I tried to run synchronization again, just in case.

But when I made a change to the description of the M1 notification type it did show up in the work manager. Any idea what's wrong where?

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Please check the Partners tab/screen to check if you assigned the notification to yourself?

thanks,

Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, here it is. The new notification type I set called M4 was not showing up in the drop down list of notification types. It was showing only M1, M2 and M3.

Offline, I was suggested to have a look at the GET_FILTER_VALUE method in the class /SMERP/CL_PM_NOTIF_TYPE_DOF. And it so happens that Work manager assumes that every notification type needs to be associated with a maintenance order type. In the above mentioned  method it looks for the association in the table T350.

I would have liked to not have to maintain an order type against this M4 notification type I have setup. But it looks like there isn't a choice.

Regards

Bala

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, there is a choice. You can simply deactivate the filter class (rule type) in the notification MDOs and use single values according to your needs. You can also create your own filter class if you want a more complex logic that just add the notification types in the configuration portal.

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But what is exactly missing? The notifications created for the new type are not being fetched or the new notification type is not showing in the drop down when you create a new notification?

Your changes only cover the 2nd case, for the first one you have to edit MDO SWM62_NOTIFICATION_TYPE get method filter and add the new type there too.