Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide unused subscreen areas

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a main screen, see below picture that has 7 subscreen areas.  Based on the selections in 'grey box', I want to display only those subscreens that are relevant to the selections (Anti Block and Anti Oxidant) shown below.

In the scenario below, only 2 options of a possible 6 were chosen.  I want to dynamically assign only those subscreen areas of the main screen based on those selections and HIDE the non-used subscreen areas.

The 'additional information' subscreen needs to be the last subscreen of the selections - as shown below.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I tried use 'LOOP AT SCREEN' to hide those non-used screenarea, but seems it not identified it`s a screenarea, only 'Text' or 'Inputfield' .etc. works for this statement.

So, you`d better do as @Ramchander Rao krishnamraju mentioned in this thread the last answer.

I think this will always have a blank area in you main screen at bottom.

regards,

Archer

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I tried use 'LOOP AT SCREEN' to hide those non-used screenarea, but seems it not identified it`s a screenarea, only 'Text' or 'Inputfield' .etc. works for this statement.

So, you`d better do as @Ramchander Rao krishnamraju mentioned in this thread the last answer.

I think this will always have a blank area in you main screen at bottom.

regards,

Archer

0 Kudos

Hi Archer,

I was able to figure it out after all.

I created a new (blank) screen.  No fields and no flow logic.

If I send this blank screen to a screen area, SAP does not show the screen area.  So, it gives me what I'm looking for.

In my scenario above, If the user selects only 2/6 entries, then I pass the relative screens to screen are 1 and screen area 2 as well as the 'additional information' to screen area 3 and then pass the same (Blank) screen to screen areas 4 - 7, then I do not get empty screen areas on my main screen.

Below, is the result.  I have a test program with 2 subscreen areas. The 'Test' button is after the sub-screen area 2.  I passed the blank screen to sub-screen area 2 and this SAP is seemingly tricked and the sub-screen-area2 is invisible. Only the screen that is sent to sub-screen area 1 is visible and achieves my intended purpose.

Thanks for your reply.

Greg