Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pegging of existing components by CTM or PPDS Heuristics

manish_rathi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to peg existing components supply without creating new procurement proposals.

We have achieved it for finished products by turning off source of supply in CTM profile (Exclude procurement alternatives in CTM profile).

We would like to do the same for components once PDS is exploded.

Once existing supply is pegged, may be in another run we would like to plan components for unmet demands for finished products.

Can it be possible through CTM or PPDS Heuristics without changing master data setting of components , please suggest.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

In the CTM Profile, tab Special Strategies, at Net Change Planning section you have the options:

Net Change Planning for Receipts

Specifies how the system handles previously created receipts, when CTM replans the demands.

Use

Choose one of the following settings:

• Do not delete available receipts

CTM planning can use the available receipts during replanning to fulfill demands.

• Only delete changed available receipts

CTM planning deletes available receipts that were linked via pegging relationships to demands              that were deleted. Receipts that were linked to demands via dynamic pegging relationships,                  remain.

Only use this setting in connection with Fixed Pegging

• Delete all available receipts

CTM planning deletes all available receipts that are not linked to demands via pegging                          relationships.

Choose option - Do not delete available receipts

Then for the demand without receipts, in the Planning Strategy you can choose planning mode Orders Without Pegging and for delete mode - Do not Delete any orders.  

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

manish_rathi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your reply, with above setting CTM will still create new supplies.

I don't want to create new supplies for components, just want to  create fixed pegging with PDS explosion.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

CTM or PPDS will always create new supplies (receipts) for components if you have shortage!

You can try to delete the new created supplies (receipts) in another supplementary step.

For this choose tab Settings - Basic Data - and select End planning Run after order Selection with option Do not delete Pegging of Firm Orders (which were created in the precedent step).

Thanks, Marius

Do not Delete Pegging Relationship of Firm Orders

Use

As standard, the system automatically deletes fixed pegging relationships when CTM planning deletes one of the relevant orders. The system only deletes fixed pegging relationships of two firm orders, however, if you have selected planning strategy Replan all Orders in the CTM profile. The system does not delete manually fixed pegging relationships between two firm orders.

If you set this indicator, the system will not delete fixed pegging relationships of two firm orders under any circumstances.

This setting improves the runtime of the order selection.

Note

You can only use this setting when the system ends the planning run after deleting the orders.

manish_rathi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your reply, new receipts created will also have fixed pegging so those will also be not deleted.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks!

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I don't think your requirement is clear. If you don't want to create new supplies how would you create pegging between dependent demand of header with components. Example product A is header material which consumes B & C.

Demand for A is 1000 and stock is 200.

Stock for B is 300 & Firmed supply of 200

Stock of C is 700.

Could you elaborate what exactly you are looking for with this example?

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Yes they have fixed pegging but they are not firmed. You firm orders that you want to keep. The CTM will not delete the firmed orders with fixed pegging but it will delete the other orders even if they have fixed pegging.

Do not Delete Pegging Relationship of Firm Orders

Thanks, Marius

manish_rathi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

In your above example i just want to satisfy demand for A which can be met with existing stocks or Firmed receipts.

So out of 800 remaining demand of A if we consider existing receipts only, 200 demand of A will be satisfied with existing supply of components and 600 will be unfulfilled.

I need this.

Thanks!

manish_rathi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Got your point, how orders will be firmed which used existing receipts?

Thanks!

Manish

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am really not sure how you landed on 200 apart from stock. Basically you are saying you will not consider stock of B which is 300 & C 700. Why would you only consider firmed supply. This means business would not produce early with existing stock but would wait for firmed supply to translate into stock (example produciton order completion).

I think some thing is missing here.

On the other hand that existing firmed supply is for B but not for A. Could you check again.

Regards

Rahul

manish_rathi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Sorry i thought supply of B is only 200.

Yes system should take into account all 500 supply of B and then create new planned order for  500 qty of A, as B will constrained the plan of A.

Demand of 300 qty of A  will be unfulfilled in this run.

System should not buy additional qty of B, just use the existing supply.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You have to extract the pegging relationships and then decide what you firm. You can find more details in the forum.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2144515

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Check supply consumption functionality, let me know the results.

SCM-APO-CTM, Supply Consumption - Business Functions (SAP Enhancement Package 3 for SAP APO 7.0) - S...

Though what would you do for remaining forecast?

Regards

Rahul

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Pegging would anyways happen if you have sufficient demand. Example Material A is header (in-house), consuming B (in-house) & C (outsourced). Now if you have stock of A, B & C first any run would consider firmed supplies then to create new ones (until unless you exclude them).

So Demand for A 1000, and

Stock for A 400

Stock for B 300

Stock for C 700

In this case when you run CTM it would create pegging between all and new supplies would be 600, 700 & 300 for A, B & C. Obviously it would consider stock first though pegging type depends upon your business need.

I hope this is what you are looking for. Else let me know if your scenario is different.

Regards

Rahul

manish_rathi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply, i just want to peg existing supply, don't want to create new supply.

How we can stop creating new supplies without changing master data parameters?

Thanks!

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

In CTM what you can do is define Order Selection (/SAPAPO/CTMORDSEL) containing all supplies except AG & AI.

Then assign this to CTM profile under planning scope tab - supply selection - order selection.

This will not create new supplies and would consume all firmed supplies example stocks, firmed planned order, production orders etc.

I hope this will resolve your issue else let me know otherwise.

Regards

Rahul

manish_rathi2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply, if we ignore AG category it will not create PReq's from DC to Mfg plants for demands at DC.

So this will not work, any other suggestions?

Thanks!