cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Tcode for deleting Invoicing Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any standard Tcode for deleting Invoicing Orders from the table DFKKINV_TRIG?

BR,

Nagu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nagu,

there is no standard function to just delete invoicing triggers. In order to get rid of an unwanted invoicing trigger, you have to reverse the source document.

What is the underlying problem why you want to get rid of that invoicing trigger?

Best Regards,

Georg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Georg,

Thanks for your response!

We had an issue during the last Billing run, All the BIT had rated and Billed however some of the billing documents weren't Invoiced.....Not sure the reason, I tried a lot to find the reason but not.

I found all the billing documents fallen under that billing run and got the data which are Billing documents are invoiced and which are not.

Almost we had 100 billing documents didn't have Invoicing documents, checked everything, to me everything looks fine. Business wanted those missing documents to be Invoiced ASAP. I tried doing it manually using Functional Module to create some of them for Invoicing orders at Table DFKKINV_TRIG and tried Invoicing them and they Invoiced successfully manually.

I thought, If I had enter some wrong value for Invoicing orders, I was not sure how to delete them so I have requested my point here.

I requested Technical team to develop a program to upload all this data automatically at DFKKINV_TRIG table and it was successfully done.

But still I want to know the reason why we had missed many of Billing documents weren't Invoiced during the 1st Billing run?

BR,

Nagu

0 Kudos

Hi Nagu,

it is likely that an error message from the posting interface prevented the billing documents from beeing invoiced. When you simulate invoicing, not all posting document related checks are performed. That could be a reason why "test invoicing" showed green light but the billing document wasn't invoiced.

I don't know what you did in the system to find the root-cause. First suggestion is to look into the invoicing mass activity (tcode FKKINV_MA), display the run-ID of the invoicing run and display the application log. If there was an error with that billing document on a given date, EMMA or SLG1 will show a red light. Second suggestion is to carry out invoicing via transaction FKKINV_S and have a look at the application log in the results popup.

Let me add a few questions regarding your comments on how the situation was corrected:

• "doing it manually using function module...":
    what were the reasons for you to not use transaction FKKINV_S or FKKINV_M to manually trigger invoicing for the affected contract accounts? Which function module did you use?
  • "I requested Technical team to develop a program to upload all this data automatically at DFKKINV_TRIG table and it was successfully done.":
    What do you mean with upload? Trigger the invoicing process?

Did you open an OSS message for the initial problem (stuck billing documents)?

I'd like to get more details why the billing documents weren't invoiced.

Best Regards,

Georg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Georg,

We don't use for mass invoice FKKINV_MA as we use to do the mass invoicing by using FKKINV_M.

When I checked in DFKKINV_TRIG there was no single Invoicing order left to be Invoiced, system deleted all the Invoicing orders and its deleted for missing invoicing documents as well.

I had a difficulty to find which are the billing documents are invoiced and which are not? Can you tell me is there any standard procedure for finding Billing documents which aren't Invoiced?

I had to create Invoicing orders at table TRIG to get Invoicing documents generated, for doing this we wanted to up lode entire missing billing documents at TRIG table for Invoicing trig. FM is FKK_INV_TRIGGER_UPDATE

I have not raised SAP Incident for this issue as I believe there must be a mistake while running this program by the user. I want to see that again on 9th with them and will decide whether to raise SAP incident or not.

My request is, do we have any way to find out which are the Billing documents are invoiced and which are the billing documents are not invoiced.

BR,

Nagu

0 Kudos

Hi Nagu,

there are only two possible use-cases where invoicing triggers are deleted:

1) the source document is reversed

2) the source document is invoiced

When you say that the system deleted the invoicing triggers for the missing invoicing documents, it could only be due to reversal.

How do you create the billing documents in CI? Via the BAPI or are you using billable items (BITs) and use billing (tcodes FKKBIX*)?

Generally, uninvoiced billing documents can be displayed via tcode FKKINV_MON. That transaction basically displays the content of DFKKINV_TRIG.

Does the transaction meet your needs? Let me know if you miss something.

Please do not implement any custom code operating on DFKKINV_TRIG! There's a good chance that you invoice a billing document not at all or even multiple times.

If you have billing documents which are not invoiced, it could be due to wrong selection settings in the invoicing process, or due to errors from the FICA interface. At the end, this is an exceptional situation and it should be adressed to our support.

Best Regards,
Georg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Georg,

I do agree with your points that there are only two possibilities where invoicing orders are deleted when the source document is invoiced and source document is reversed due to accruals. Its well known fact.

But in my case, there is no invoicing document created against to the billing document however system deleted invoicing order, I don't understand the problem here?

I do the billing using BIT's come from CC.

And, FKKINV_MON has not helped me because  orders deleted from TRIG so FKKINV_MON will be empty

When you say wrong selection settings could be the reason for missing invoicing documents, can you name it please what are those settings could be?

BR,

Nagu

0 Kudos

Hi Nagu,

have you checked table DFKKINVDOC_S with the billing document number you expected to be invoiced? If the billing document number is not contained therein, then the invoicing document could be already archived.

Are you using preliminary invoicing?

Please check if table DFKKINV_TRIG contains invoicing triggers with SRCDOCCAT = PRLIN and maybe the questionable billing documents were picked up by one of the preliminary invoices? In that case, you'd have to release the preliminary invoice (e.g. via FKKINVDOC_DISP or FKKINV_CFC_MON). It's comparable to an SD-bill which is blocked for GL transfer.

If none of the above cases apply, then please collect some example in your system (billing document numbers) having this issue and create an OSS message. We need to analyse this issue in your system then. Please put a reference to this SCN thread in the OSS message as well.

Best Regards,

Georg

P.S.: Regarding the selection settings: I'm referring to the invoicing process customizing (view-cluster VC_TFK2602 -> Selection Control and node below: Enhanced Selection). In your case, I'd rule out that option as potential root cause, since the invoicing trigger was deleted by the system.