cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert configuration in pi 7.4 single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

couldu plz help me out for the step to createalert configurationin pi 7.4 single stack, asiam first time need to configured it..

what need to follow in esr,id level and configuration and monitoring level.

i.ei need to get an email, when alerttriggers. so, what need to be done in basis level?

This is actually idoc_aae to jdbcscenario.

Sender: ECC, Receiver: MS-SQL

Provide me with screen shots and do attach me the kinds of errors will occur when we are following the steps..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valli,

As Ramkumar said, follow Michal's blog where the steps are defined clearly. Also you can refer to:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/247006678/PI_Message_Alerting_PI7.31_SolMan7.1SP5....

To know more about alerting refer to sap help:

Component-Based Message Alerting - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library

You can enhance CBMA following the document :

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have read the complete document.. i have config some setting, i have a doubt in which mail.from: mymail@sap.com..

even i have maintained the same but,,i didnt receive any email for that alert..

pfa for your reference.

So, which is the email id of from to be maintained..its a default or any specified one

also, inorder to trigger the alert should we maintain any settings in solution manager?

Please share the screenshots in which u have develped...

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to maintain any settings in solmon.

Mail from will not be validated. It can be anything i believe(but why would you want to have some other companies domain name..may not be legal..use something meaningful)

Did you create the alert rule and assigned the integrated scenarios to it? Use wsnavigator to see if the alerts are being aggregated in that consumer queue.

What does the alert consumer job log show?

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valli,

In Java Mail Client under java system properties in your PI system, did you mention your receiver mail server name across its corresponding type.

Also, please make sure the alert rule defined in ID is enabled or not..

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here, we are using pi 7.4 single stack.

Hi all,

I have few doubts where i need to maintain in java mail client..i.e i am clearly asking, what is the minimum parameters need to be maintained here.

As of now, i have maintained only these parameters and default parameters apart from this as remainded the same

- mail.from: (here which email id i need to set it, would this information will be provided by the network team or basis team )

- mail.smtp.host: this by default is 25

- mail.smtp.password: ****(provided by network team)

- mail.smtp.user: ****(provided by network team)

** if any changes need to be maintained in java mail client, do let me know apart from the other parameters which need to be set.

As from the documents which i have, i have completed step 1, 2, 3, 4, 6.... (PFA FOR YOUR REFERENCE), Do let me know, any other steps need to be followed or not.

Be specific about your answer and dont post any document or links, because i have downloaded 'n' number of documents releated to alert for single stack..

After configuring in PI level, what need to be done in basis level...

How to test alert in single stack..where to check whether alert has been received in alert inbox..

*****Again be specified with the answers. Request to read completely and do post the best answers for my list of querieshttp://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-64322

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Couldn't able to open your attachment .

1)mail.from :If you are configuring for PROD environment ,ask the concern team to create one mail id for alerts if it is not already available.

Ex:ICoESupportServices@XYZ.com

2)mail.smtp.host: this by default is 25  ????  This should be your company's mail server hostname

Note: Above details will the provided by BASIS/Network Team

3)>>After configuring in PI level, what need to be done in basis level...Just need to create Alert job in ID,and maintain mail server parameters in nwa and schedule the AlertConsumerJob ,that's it BASIS involvement not required

4)>>How to test alert in single stack..where to check whether alert has been received in alert inbox.

After scheduling the job ,make the interface fail deliberately then the folks whose mail id's configured in AlertConsumerJob should get a mail .If it is not coming then check in Jobs-->select AlertConsumerJob-->log .You will get to know what the issue is ,act accordingly .

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your quick reply..i have sent you the document to your email id..do check it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, venkat...

thanks for the post.

can you help me a little elaboration on 4th step (how test and execute alert in single stack plz...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer the blog