Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCH1 Condition record for all materials and customers

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts,

We want to maintain batch automaticelly in the sales order but we have huge customers and huge materials so it is not possible to maintain all records in VCH1. Could you please tell me how we can proceed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have huge numbers and huge materials, then work with an ABAP'er to develop a BDC program to create VCH1 records.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, please provide me with the steps to using VCH1 create batch strategy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

IS it possible to group your customers into different groups so that all customers from one group have the same batch determination criteria? If not customers, is it possible to group your materials into groups of similar materials?

If you have a total of 10000 customers, for eg, and you have identified 10 groups based on the batch determination criteria, a field will have to be identified in the customer master that is not being used (for eg, customer group) and custom values will have to be created for that field in Customizing. Then, in transaction code MASS, you can mass update all the required customers with the appropriate value for the required field (customer group in our example). Then, when creating batch condition records in VCH1, you will have to maintain 10 records using the key field Customer group (or whichever field you decide to use)

Can you explain the batch determination criteria in more detail. Maybe I can help if understand how the batch is determined in the sales order