cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdM 8.0 SSL Login Issue to Developer Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Having some issues logging in after installing SSL certificates on a machine - where we still receive login error "Unrecognized SSL Message".  We have it working on one machine with JRE version: jre1.6.0_07.   However it does not work on my machine with Java version: jre1.8.0_45, even after installing 6 and getting the certificate applied according to the instructions.  We are also struggling with the same message on a few other machines.  (The certificate would not apply when I only had 8 on my machine.)

I'm reaching out to our basis team for additional details I will post as soon as I have them.  Posting this thread now because it is holding up starting our build process and I'm hoping we don't need to open an OSS message for such a minor issue.  Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

Did you imported the HTTPS certificate of your AS Java on CACERTS as Trusted Certification Authority for the local JVM used by eclipse? I used SAPJVM 6.1 with eclipse and had no problem following the manual.

Also, you could configure your eclipse installation to use HTTP comunication to IDM 8.0, so you could bypass the SSL setup (less secure but works):

HTTPS not configured

If you have decided to use the HTTPS connection then you need to use most probably the HTTPS port that can be checked from your enginge monitoring ( by default it should be 50001) Then you need to do some configurations but this is mentioned in the configuration guide - how to enable HTTPS connection.

If you will not to use HTTPS then you need to go for port 50000 and set the property IS_HTTPS=false in to this location (C:\Users\Administrator\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\com.sap.idm-dev-studio-userinterface.prefs)

where the workspace is your eclispe workspace.

If any problem, let us know!

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eduardo. We have it working on one machine, but can't get it to work on others. They do want to configure HTTPS. 

Error we are currently receiving:  error in eclipse logs: [29.05.2015 15:55:46-976] - javax.net.ssl.SSLException: hostname in certificate didn't match: <idmcid01> != <localhost>

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brendan,
                       it looks like there is no fully qualified hostname in the SSL certificate that has been imported into the jre keystore on the eclipse- the cert is not set correctly i.e. its is set with localhost rather than its actual network hostname idmcid01.

You need to check the SSL server certificate on the AS Java server running the IDM devstudio application resource. Either the incorrect certificate has been transferred from there to eclipse or the SSL server settings are not set correctly.

Thanks

Chris
SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also tried to generate the certificate with hostname of idm server but it gives a “HTTP 400 – Bad request error”. Also, it breaks the connection of the machine through which we were able to login to Studio. We are surprised to see why on one machine it works but rest fails even though the certificate is same. Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

I have seen the HTTP400 - Bad request when the version of the eclipse plugin is out of synch with the version of the Developer Studio service on AS Java.

Which versions are you running?

Regards,

Ole K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eduardo, Chris and Ole - The matching versions seemed to get us over the issue!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cause of Issue: 2171045 - Error "Login failed: Check error log (HTTP 400)" when logging in to SAP Identity Management Developer Studio

Resolution:

When you use URL install method given in SAP guide, you get latest IDM DevStudio (8.0.8). However,  the component in netweaver for devstudio is 8.0.2. Please use below procedure to re-install it.

1) Uninstall the current version of IDM Studio from your machine:

In Eclipse go to HelpInstall New Software Click on Already Installed Select IDM Studio Uninstall

2) Install version 8.0.2 of Studio:

In Eclipse go to Help Install New Software Add choose archive give location of the Eclipse archive from SCA content

This fixed the issue.

Answers (0)