cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Row Level Security Using Subquery and IN Clause

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to apply row level security to a universe data profile in a WHERE using a subquery to a derived table with an IN clause.  I have tried various combinations but I either do not have the syntax to reference the table correct or this simply is not possible. 

Would anyone have an example of where this has been done, a Data Profile row level restriction with a WHERE using a subsquery to a table or derived table, that they could share?

Thank in advance,

Mel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide some more info.

Are you talking about row level security?

If yes then check below link

Row Level Security / Restriction in BO Universe Designer | DWBI castle

Or else let me know your requirement with some example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I am referring to row level security as noted in my question.

Unfortunately the article that you provided only provides an example of a simple restriction, i.e,, table.country = 'USA'.  What I was trying to do was select data from another table using IN, i.e., table.country IN (SELECT country FROM table WHERE table.userid = @VARIABLE('BOUSER'). 

I was finally able to get this to work.  My problem was the syntax for referencing the table used in the IN clause, as drag& drop for tables other than the one the row restriction is created on is not available in the WHERE window.

Thanks,

Mel

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should represent your question in well manner with some example so that it can be easily understood by community.

I am very delighted as you found your solution.

Thanks,

SB

Answers (0)