cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Success Factors Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new to success factors and i am having an synchronous integration from SF to PI to LotusNotes[SOAP].

SF will send a request to LotusNotes through PI and response data from LotusNotes will send back to SF.

I have SFSF adapter installed in my system. I am on PO 7.4 Dual stack.

My questions are

1. will SFSF Adapter Handle Synchronous messages?

2. In Sender SFSF Adapter type, i am selecting SOAP as message protocol. correct me if i am wrong.

have doubts on few parameters here.

1. In EndPoint URL what input should i give?

2. SFAPI URL Suffix? what would be the input here.

3. Under Processing tab there is a Query String... what input should i give here.

Note: SF team has given standard xsd for sending the request to LotusNotes. So here i am using xsd as request and response for SF. [can i use?]

LotusNotes team has provided WSDL which has request and response.

Please send your comments and provide inputs on above questions and guide me how can i goahed.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> SF will send a request to LotusNotes through PI and response data from LotusNotes will send back to SF.

AFAIK this is not possible using SFSF adapter.

>> 1. will SFSF Adapter Handle Synchronous messages?

Yes. Receiver SFSF adapter is synchronous.

>>

1. In EndPoint URL what input should i give? your sfsf url  - you can choose from the dropdown.

2. SFAPI URL Suffix? what would be the input here. ? depends on the protocol

if its soap then -> /sfapi/v1/soap

for odata -> /odata/v2

3. Under Processing tab there is a Query String... what input should i give here. you have generate query from HCI - development tool(eclipse + hci plugins)

Ref for channel config. :

reg, avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for your reply.

So in my integration i cannot send request from SFSF adapter since sender SFSF Adpater will not

handle synchronous.

Let me explain the alternate option of my scenario.

I have to pull the data from people soft database and send as request to Lotus Notes and response from Lotus Notes i need to send to EC [employee central].

JDBC to LN to EC.via PI

Kindly let me know how to achieve the above scenario.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I know how your connecting to Lotus notes?(is it soap?)

For your requirement you have to write java mapping then call the look up channel in it.

send the response to sfsf. Below is the snap shot.

Check :

reg, avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Let me explain you in detail about my requirement.

My Scenario is : JDBC to PI to LN [sync]

LN to PI to EC.

I need to execute the query with sender JDBC channel. Here i will get EMP ID.

The same EMPID i need to pass to LotusNotes. Based on EMP ID, Lotus Notes will send in response global id and email id .The globalid and mailid should send to EC.

I am connecting to lotus notes through soap and its synchronous call.

Sender Mapping: [JDBC to LN]

Source:     Target

EMPID     EMPID

Response Mapping: [LN to EC]

Source               Target

GlobalID            externalid

Email                 status

department

division

emailid

empid

hiredate

hrexternalid

title

username

externalid and status are mandatory so i have mapped constant to them.

globalid is mapped to empid

email is mapped to emailid.

In Sender JDBC channel i have configured Module to as below to capture response data into SF channel.

Module name Module type Module key

AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean Local Enterprise Bean 1

CallSapAdapter Local Enterprise Bean 2

AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean Local Enterprise Bean 3

Module configuration:

Modulekey parameter name parametervalue

1 passThrough true

3 receiverChannel <given SF channel>

3 receiverService <given SF channel receiver service>

3 adapterNamespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/SFSF

3 adapterType  SFSF

When i tested scenario i am getting below error in jdbc channel as below.

Error occurred while sending message (GUID 94fc2bc9-0b9a-11e5-8858-0000005ff0be): com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error encountered while executing mapping: com.sap.aii.af.service.mapping.MappingException: Mapping failed in runtimeRuntime Exception when executing application mapping program com/sap/xi/tf/_LotusNotes_To_UpsertUser;

Details: com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.IllegalInstanceException; Cannot create target element /upsertUser/User. Values missing in queue context. Target XSD requires a value for this element, but the target-field mapping does not create one. Check whether the XML instance is valid for the source XSD, and whether the target-field mapping fulfils the requirement of the target XSD

when i tried to check payload its showing empty in message monitor and in abap stack there is no message in sxmb_moni. That means data has not reached to PI system.

I have removed module config from sender jdbc channel and triggered the channel here i am able to retrieve data from data base and passed to lotusnotes. since lotusnotes will send back response i need to capture in reciver SF channel and send to EC which would possible through module config.

I have also tried testing by removing SFSF adapter in module config and placed FILE adapter and changed namespace and channel name and tested and got the same above error. This i have done because i thought SFSF adapter will not accept response messages.

Kindly suggest how can i goahead with the above scenario.

I am having one thought in my mind that first do the scenario of JDBC to File.

and then do file to lotus notes[soap] and response back to EC. But i am not sure whether in File adapter channel can i create module configuation and give SFSF adapter, receiver SF channel.

OR

Already we have one scenario in system that People Soft DB to EC.

The same query has been used in sender JDBC channel which i am using in my scenario.

So can i create my scenario as EC to PI to LN synchronous.

Please let me know whoch one would be the best and with what all designs can i achieve this scenario.

Please confirm and let me know if you have any other thoughts to achieve the same.

Appreciate your inputs...

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could anyone please reply to my above request.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

0 Kudos

Change your Synchronous Outbound Service Interface to Asynchrounous. It will popup with warning because it is used as synchronous in operation mapping . Just ignore, activate and test again.

Thanks,

Jagannath