cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP encryption module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a file to file scenario in which i have to encrypt the file . So first we used PGP module on the receiver side.

But the data was visible inside PI monitoring . And customer was not happy with that.

So we just used PGP encryption module on sender side .

The amazing thing is we are not able to see the message details  inside PI and encrypted file is getting delivered on target side successfully.

Please help in understanding why its behaving like this .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why dont you take a look at William Li  blog. This will surely help.

Regards,

Saiyog

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are not doing any mapping in between, correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes no mapping

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There you go,

This is how file adapter will work in this case,

Physical File=>Input Stream (Reading)=>Sender File Adapter==>PGP encrypted data (Monitoring encrypted Data)==>Receiver File Adapter=>Output Stream(All encrypted data in bytes, in simple terms 0 and 1) (writing) =>PGP Encrypted File

I/O Streams (The Java™ Tutorials > Essential Classes > Basic I/O)

In your previous case,

Physical File=>Input Stream (Reading)=>Sender File Adapter==>File data (Monitoring non encrypted data)=>Receiver File Adapter=>PGP Encryption=>Output Stream(All encrypted data in bytes, in simple terms 0 and 1) (writing)=>PGP Encrypted File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Havent seen any documentation saying that it wont be visible but it does make sense that you wont see any details. It encrypts the entire payload. So it is not possible to view the payload because it is encrypted.

Have you switched on your logging to full on the ICO?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jannus Botha

True it makes sense . My intention of asking this question was as you said that it was never captured any documentation.

Full logging on ICO its not required because its a plain transfer without mapping and any XML validation.

My point is that we can use this if we want to do encryption without payload being visible inside PI if there is no data manipulation.

Regards

Sandeep