cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC job result produces no result on application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the job on GRC system gives no result (executed via NWBC) output when executed on the application server. The application server is setup to perform job distribution but do not solves the purpose.

The job runs fine o n the central instance and gives output but gives no output on the application server.

Please suggest here, what may be the reason for this?

the job finishes successfully on both the servers and do not show any error logs for the app server.

Please find screenshots.

GRC10.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Application servers can be configured for specific purpose, like background/ dialog/update/spool/message/gateway, only, or a combination of these. Dispatcher assigns the job , to any of the app servers, depending upon the type of activity involved.

Could you explain, how app server is setup to perform job distribution. And, if so, contact BASIS team, if job is not getting distributed.

Could you schedule a job, in back-end, in one app server, and try to see if the job appears in any other app server. i do not think it will run.

Could you ask 'background' to be removed from CI, to the BASIS team, and then check if, your NWBC job, is picking up other app server

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi plaban,

Fyi, i am a basis consultant. The job is scheduled via nwbc and is routing to both the ci and app server depending on the load balancing. Also the job is running perfectly.

The issue here is i cannot see the job result for the job which run on app serve because i am running nwbc on ci.

When i login to app server and run nwbc and check result from there, it will show. But now from here i cannot sre the job result for the jobs run on ci.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have observed that the server I am running NWBC is showing the job results only for the job which run on the same server.

When I check the job results of the finished job of another server (secondary app server) it will end up with no data in job result tab. But when i check the job result for that job with NWBC on the same server (secondary app server), it will show data in the results.

Any ideas of this behaviour?

AJ