cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Procurement to generate reservation from another plant instead of STR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have been trying to get MRP to create reservation from another plant in another Company Code, but currently it create Planned Order for Stock Transfer Requisition instead. I use special procurement key 40.

If we use MRP Area in the same plant, then we have option to create reservation instead of STR.

Is there any way to do this also, but for another Plant in another Company Code?

Helpful reply is appreciated and will be awarded.

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

In customization please check the creation indicator setting

SPRO -> Production -> Material Requirements Planning -> Planning -> Define Creation Indicator.

OMDZ

Create Purchase Req. =1  Purchase requisitions for your MRP group assign to you material master.

Also refer consulting note  23922 - MRP: Creation indicators, PReq. or planned order

Procurement key in material master will define whether MRP will create a planned order or purchase requisition.

Special Procurement type 40 (F/U) in OMD9 SAP standard

Also refer these links

Creation Indicator - Carrying Out the Planning Run (PP-MRP-PR) - SAP Library

Stock Transfer from Plant to Plant - Special Planning Processes - SAP Library

Cross-Company Stock Transfer - Managing Special Stocks (MM-IM) - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.BRahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R Brahmankar,

THanks for your reply.

What I am trying to achieve is to have MRP to create reservation for Transfer Plant to Plant (301), not Planned Order / PR / STR.

Do you think this can be done?

Thanks,
Steve

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

I don't think is possible you can create stock transfer reversion you may try the  BAdI MD_EXT_SUP.

Stock transfer reservation is created. Using MIGO you can post the goods movement by mvt 311 with reference to the Stock transfer reservation.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

It is not possible to have stock transfer requisitions generated by MRP if you are using stock transfers between different plants.

Take a look on the customizing transaction OMD9 where the special procurement type is defined. If you are using special procurement 'U - Stock transfer" and the ordering plant is equal to the delivery plant, a field is available for you to define if you want to generate stock transfers reservations or stock transfer requisitions.

However, if you are using different plants, this field is hidden and system automatically generates stock transfer requisitions.

See also question 5 of the FAQ note 550568:

Question: Is it possible that the MRP creates stock transfer reservations between two plants?

Answer: No. You can use MRP to create stock transfer reservations only within a plant for the following special cases:

• Storage location MRP of storage locations that are planned separately
  • Stock transfer within a plant between the plant MRP area and the storage location MRP area or subcontractor MRP area

Using the special procurement type in the material master, you can create only cross-plant stock transport requisitions, planned orders for stock transfer or scheduling agreement delivery schedule lines for a stock transport scheduling agreement.

BR
Caetano

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Gopinath_Ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Try with special procurement Key 70 "Reservation from Alternative Plant"

which has indicator Withdrawal from alternative plant : Controls whether the material can be procured as components using withdrawal from an alternative plant. This means the reservation occurs at an alternative plant if dependent requirement exists.

Regards

Gopinath R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopinath,

Thanks for your reply.

I thought about this procurement key 70 (Withdrawal from Alternative Plant).

But it is not suitable since this is used for GI directly from other Plant, we need to map the transfer in the system also. So I am trying to create reservation for Transfer Plant to Plant (301) not Good Issue (261).

Thanks,

Steve

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

There is no standard way to generate 301 reservation for plant to plant transfer. For achieving this you need to modify the standard behaviour of MRP. One of the ideas could be using MD_PURREQ_CHANGE and replace the STRs with 301 reservations in runtime.

Regards,

Abhishek

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

In your MRP run keep value of create PR as "2" i.e. Purchase requisitions in opening period or 1.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply.

But I want to create reservation for Transfer (mvt type 301), not PR

Thanks,

Steve

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

You can use MD_CHANGE_MRP DATA to change the behavior in run time. You can alter the STR with reservation basically MB21 (movement type 301) with this. Check below link for your reference.

Regards

Rahul