cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last field Missing in the target file

archana_g417
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have an IDOC to file (fixed length) scenario with header, items and trailer kind of stucture at reciever side.The last field in item which is mapped to constant '/' is missing in the the target file.I have configured a test channel to receive xml data as output instead of a text file and i could see that field in xml output but i could not understand how it is missing after content conversion. fcc paramaters used are simple

header.fieldFixedLengths -lengths

header.endSeparator -'nl'

item.fieldFixedLengths -lengths

item.endSeparator -'nl'

trailer.fieldFixedLengths -lengths

trailer.endSeparator -'nl'

can anyone please help me out in solving this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You must have forgotten to mention the length of last field.

archana_g417
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ambuj,

I have double checked with the lengths. it is given correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I have tried on my side with last field by passing "/" into it.  and I tried FCC configuration too.

I am getting the last field value as '/' .

Please check once again with your FCC configurations on you receiver communication channel.

Regards,

Santhi

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

The fcc parameters are looking good.

Can you let me know the sample output xml ITEM record having issue.

Regards

Vishnu

archana_g417
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

The highlighted field in the below image <isend> is the last field which iam talking about. In xml structure i could see that but in target file iam not able to find it. let me tell you one thing this content conversion was working fine till 2014 and i dont know what happened now that is not appearing in the target file. i tried with reverting to the history of Channel even though issue is not resolved.

Regards,

Archana.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Can you check if there are any changes done to the channel recently from the channel using history/Properties option.

Based on your issue, the root cause might be at 2 levels, one at mapping level but as you are saying you have tested with a test channel and in the xml file the last field is there, secondly at the channel level.

Also, please check if there are any discrepancies/difference with other environments for the same channel.

Regards

Vishnu

archana_g417
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

In development i have checked channel history and activated the old channel which was working fine before in 2014, even this did not work. In production and quality environment there are no changes made to the channel since 2014.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

It looks wierd.

Can you recreate the channel in non production and test end to end and let us know the ouput.

If issue still persists, then can you share the FCC you are configured in the channel.

Regards

Vishnu