cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG - Handling Identifiers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are planning to implement SAP MDG in our landscape. The idea is to going for deploying MDG as a standalone hub instead that deploying it on top of SAP ERP.

I have a question about the identifiers for each entity (MARA-MATNR, KNA1-KUNNR) and I would be very grateful if you could give me a hand. Can the landscape be configured in order that the ID is given by SAP MDG and then this ID is the identifier used in SAP ERP which both identifiers are the same?

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you define the field's number range as "external" in your ERP system. This means it will accept keys from the sending system. However, you definitely need to make sure that you are not sending keys that already exist (unless you are modifying that specific entry).

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

One small enhancement to Abdullah's answer for mateial replication via MATMAS IDocs:

All material numbers provided in that IDoc will be accepted by the target SAP ERP (sole exceptions are some special characters which will never be accepted in any ECC MATNR).

So best practice here would to set up the number ranges in a way that the MDG client will never (neither by internal nor external numbering) ue a number that might come from the hub in material creation.