cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting HANA to SAP ECC via adapter: Could not get tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect a SAP ERP IDES system running on MS SQL Server 2012 using the new functionality DP Agent and MssqlECCAdapter by following the guide

http://help.sap.com/download/multimedia/hana_options_eim/SAP_HANA_EIM_Administration_Guide_en.pdf

I have implemented the necessary configuration on SAP ERP IDES (MS SQL Server 2012) host described in sections 6.6.1.2 in the EIM admin guide, and also got connected to the underlying MS SQL Server 2012 using adapter MssqlLogReaderAdapter. However, when I try connecting using MssqlECCAdapter adapter to leverage the ECC data dictionary, I get the following error:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [403]: internal error: Cannot get remote source objects: Could not get tables

Here is the setup of the remote connection in SAP HANA Studio, and I try to connect both with "sa" and "erp" (owner of SAP ERP schema in SQL Server).

On the SAP ERP IDES host, where the DP agent is running, I have noticed that the agent throws an error "Invalid object name 'ERP.DM41S'"

Has anyone succeeded with connecting SAP HANA to SAP ERP using MssqlECCAdapter and see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ugandhar_nandam1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Try using small letters at ERP Additional Info: Owner/Schema instead of capital letters, eg: erp (in your case) and use user erp.

And for dictionary schema use any of your hana schema.

Regards,

Ugandhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arseny,

did you find a solution for this problem?

I'm having the same issue but with the connection of an Hadoop/Hive system via DP agent to HANA.

Some of the Hive-Tables are available and can be added as a remote source. But with some tables I'm get the same error you got.

Best regards

Mo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

After upgrading our HANA to SPS 10 from SPS09, the Smart Data Access connection to our SAP ERP on MS SQL started working. So it might indicate a correction to this specific adapter. Unfortunately, I haven't tried using DP agents to connect to Hadoop/Hive.

Regards. Arseny