Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding different for LIV doesn't post into DIFF GL Account

0 Kudos

To Expert of SAP - FI

I just want to check with you about the below error issue with MIRO posting:

Scenarios:

Posting LIV with USD amount and tax code TX (Standard code with 6%)

Configuration:

I have “switched Off Tax Translation between Local and Document Currency” since tax value in MYR HAS to follow vendor invoice (0.04 MYR different from system auto convert)

Issue:

Now, we can change the 0.04 MYR in GST input line. But SAP system doesn’t auto post 0.04 MYR different into DIFF account even the setting for DIFF in tcode OMR6.

That is why now user cannot post this kind of posting entry.

Please also note that tolerance limit for this rounding is 0.03 MYR

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any suggestion so far for this case?

I am thinking into 2 options:

- Check the configuration to see why it is not posted into DIFF account

- Check the configuration to see whether we can post different into the AP line item (MYR not USD)

Thanks

Hai

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system is not posted to the transaction key DIFF, due to the difference which is in invoice is more than the tolerance limit defined for small difference. You can try to switch on tax translation between local and document currency.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. The purpose that I switch off tax translation bw DC and LC is because we need to adjust LC value in Tax line item to follow vendor value. If we don't switch off the translation, it is impossible for us to change the value as vendor invoice indicated.

Is there any other way out that we can change the value of MYR at AP line item?

Thanks

Hai

former_member279397
Participant
0 Kudos

you will assign account for KDR .

former_member279397
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

i think you should check obyc transaction KDR

0 Kudos

It has been already assigned for long time back.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hai,

Since you have configured small diff.write off as 0.03 MYR in OMR6, but actual difference in the invoice is 0.04 MYR, due to this system wont post the entry automatically. Increase the write off amount in OMR6. Then do invoice posting.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion, but we cannot change the tolerance limit. Changing might somehow cannot cover all differences.

Thanks

Hai

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then post the difference to the GL account manually in the GL account tab in MIRO.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your info.

I think it is not possible to post the difference to the GL account manually in MIRO since you have to post both USD and MYR. But value in USD is 0 then with single posting into MYR is not acceptable with manual way I guess. It should come throughout auto posting like Ex.rate GAIN/LOSS different...

I was trying to look for the way to post adjustment value in MYR into exiting line item of AP, but not so sure can it be possible or not? Any advise?

Thanks

Hai

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you assigned the GL account for the transaction key KDM in OBYC for the valuation class of the material? If not, assign it.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

It has been assigned already

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First try to post in MIRO and if any error throws then share the screen shot of it.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar,

Thank you for your supportive. I do know the the error is coming by this difference. Then posting entry is not balance between Debit and Credit side of Local Currency then it cannot be posted.

I couldn't capture screenshot from client side since it cannot be accessed from outside network.

I still dig about the root caused

Any other advises

Thanks

Hai

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done any configuration in OMRW for the co.code?

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

My client system is Old GL system and even no document splitting function activated. I guess this tcode will not applicable (since mostly apply for ML in CO side)

Any other idea?

Thanks

Hai

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No it is also applicable for old GL. First check and confirm me.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

There is no configuration for this. Please see the below image

Thanks

Hai